Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Customer service won’t help me

Customer service won’t help me

TLDR: opened app, app was logged out, contacted Spotify CS because I suspected nefarious activity such as account being hacked, CS needs to verify me as the account holder before continuing by requiring last 4 digits of card used to pay, I give them 6 different card options (6!!!!), none of those are on file with my premium account in question, one card however is being charged 9.99 a month. So two issues really: one, how can I get back into my premium account in question if I don’t even know what card is on file and am unable to verify that way? And two, if one of those 6 cards is being charged and it isn’t for the account in question, then what account is that being used for? 

Spotify CS will not give me a straight answer. 24+ hours later, 20+ emails later, 30+ messages through Twitter, NOTHING. I keep receiving the same response from them. They ask for me to verify. I give them multiple options of possible verification. None of those work. Then back to square one. I tell them I do not know and they tell me they need verification. Ridiculous. It’s getting really bad at this point. I’m reaching a breaking point and cannot physically keep going through this. I suspect my account gets hacked and IM THE ONE THAT HAS TO JUMO THROUGH HOOPS TO FIX IT??? I’ve been a customer for 10+ years and not once have I ever had a problem until just the other day. Please, someone help. Mentally, I cannot go through this any longer. By no means am I exaggerating. I am being taken advantage of. It feels as though Spotify CS is getting a kick out my torment. A perfect example of that is receiving a response from them asking me a question that I already answered in a previous response!!! Spotify CS has made this whole situation even more stressful and frustrating than it needs to be. 

3 Replies

Hey there @plzhelpfixissue

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community, and welcome! 

We completely understand that this situation can be frustrating. However, keep in mind that only our Support team can take a look at your account or search with your payment info to find the account you're paying for.

If you're able to see the charge in your bank statement, you can reach out to your bank and ask for the card info. Once you have this, the right folks can take a look at it and continue with the help. 

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Have a good one. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

1. I have the same problem. That are **bleep**ing lazy mother **bleep**ers. I don't want to loose my music that I have been paying for premium for years. Some one needs to help.**bleep**

Hey there @Mywaysnider,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this.

In this case we suggest that you follow @Novy advise and contact your bank for more information.

You can also ask your bank for the for the reference number that usually starts with P0 or P1 and send in the number to the Customer support. 

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts