Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

DELETED PLAYLIST

Solved!

DELETED PLAYLIST

Please can someone help me recover my playlist titled Neil1, accidently deleted on Saturday 20th October - had nearly 2000 tracks on it!

Thanx, NeilH07

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Done!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Xami - Just added them all back for you. Can you see them?

NeilH07 - There you go... http://open.spotify.com/user/neilh07/playlist/32Vsk8zWp8gDZSrQ4ZjNRM
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

That's really good advice for anyone who has spotify regularly running on more than one computer. Your playlists are stored on all the devices that you have logged into. When you delete a playlist on one device that change will almost immediately update to the playlist server at Spotify, but the change won't update to other devices until you are online in Spotify wit them. So, get to your other device..

1. Make sure that the device is not connected to the internet

2. Open up Spotify

3. Copy the playlist URL, or drag the playlist title to your desktop to create a bookmark icon

4. Connect to the internet, and wait for the playlist to disappear, as the deletion update reaches that device

5. Paste the URL into the search box, or open up the bookmark

6. Subscribe (Yes - to your own playlist)

This is a bit harder if the second device is a mobile. In that case, go into Airplane mode in the device before opening the Spotify app. In this case, you can use the facility to Copy Playlist Link that you'll find in Share Playlist. Once your playlist link is copied, you can go online in your mobile and ..er.. email it to yourself.

18 Replies
Marked as solution

Done!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

thanx sooooo much Richard; you're a star!

Neil

HI, just gonna borrow your thread a little bit NeilH07 🙂

I just deleted all my playlists on my iPhone without knowing it would also delete my playlists on all my other devices. 

I can't remeber the names of the playlists, but hopefully some admin or moderater can help me anyway? 

Regards // xami

can you send me the full link for this incase it happens again please?

Marked as solution

Xami - Just added them all back for you. Can you see them?

NeilH07 - There you go... http://open.spotify.com/user/neilh07/playlist/32Vsk8zWp8gDZSrQ4ZjNRM
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yeah! Thank you! 🙂

Gonna save all them http links on my computer from now on, so this never happends again 🙂

Thank you again!

many thanks, really appreciate your help!

Help!  I just deleted the wrong playlist.  I have a spotify on another computer.  can I restore from that?  Playlist was called Champ.  Thanks for any help you can give.

Restored!  I think this will work for anyone with spotify on more than one computer.

Here's how I did it:

on my other computer, without Spotify running, I disabled the internet connection.

started spotify

found playlist that had been deleted on the other computer, right clicked copy HTTP link.

pasted link into browser tab (no internet connection, so it won't load)

restore internet connection

reload browser tab, click on link to open playlist in spotify

all good.

Marked as solution

That's really good advice for anyone who has spotify regularly running on more than one computer. Your playlists are stored on all the devices that you have logged into. When you delete a playlist on one device that change will almost immediately update to the playlist server at Spotify, but the change won't update to other devices until you are online in Spotify wit them. So, get to your other device..

1. Make sure that the device is not connected to the internet

2. Open up Spotify

3. Copy the playlist URL, or drag the playlist title to your desktop to create a bookmark icon

4. Connect to the internet, and wait for the playlist to disappear, as the deletion update reaches that device

5. Paste the URL into the search box, or open up the bookmark

6. Subscribe (Yes - to your own playlist)

This is a bit harder if the second device is a mobile. In that case, go into Airplane mode in the device before opening the Spotify app. In this case, you can use the facility to Copy Playlist Link that you'll find in Share Playlist. Once your playlist link is copied, you can go online in your mobile and ..er.. email it to yourself.

Hi Jude I really need suport as fast as possible. My computer got stolen and now I wonder if you can trace the IP where spotify was last used and online..

Thank you very much

@kamilio wrote:

Hi Jude I really need suport as fast as possible. My computer got stolen and now I wonder if you can trace the IP where spotify was last used and online..

Thank you very much

Hey there! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify can not give out that information to you for data protection reasons.

If you would like this information passed to the police, they would need to make a formal enquiry for it. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

What number should I tell the police to call? I can't find any numbers online on the page.

Hey again 🙂

The list of addresses that they could write to are on this page.

You can also use the online contact form to ask the customer services team how you would go about requesting this information.

Peter

Peter

Ok

Could you at least see if it was a iPhone or a computer that was used the last time it was active?

Thanks

I don't work for Spotify so I can't do that for you. 

You again would need to use the contact form I linked to above to ask the customer services team if they can give you that information 😉

Peter

Peter

Hi. All of my playlists are gone. deletet 😞 i want them back. PLease help me

Hi @SiljeMK welcome!

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Suggested posts