Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

DOn't want to log in through facebook anymore

DOn't want to log in through facebook anymore

I don't want my Facebook account to be linked to this anymore. Is there a way to change my account from logging in with Facebook or do I have to just delete or creat another account? 

6 Replies

I put together a DIY tutorial on how to migrate to a non-Facebook account here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Tutorial-How-to-Disconnect-Spotify-from-F...

The post also has contact details to get in touch with Spotify support if you would prefer them to do it for you.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I don't think this answered the question, unless the answer is that you HAVE to log in through Facebook if there's any connection. I don't care if Spotify is attached to Facebook, I just would prefer to log in using my email and password. Is that possible? If not, then I'll disconnect Facebook entriely as instructed or just stop using Spotify. Thanks

@user-removed 

If your Spotify account is connected to Facebook,

Go into the Spotify desktop app preferences and look for a button that says "Disconnect" under the "Social Network" section:

Screen Shot 2012-04-20 at 10.33.42 AM.png

If you made your Spotify account using  Facebook,

support will be able to help you move all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply, Matt. Unfortunately, that option simply doesn't appear to exist for me. I have the ability to set Spotify to open or not automatically, but social media appears nowhere. Maybe I'll attempt to contact Spotify, but honestly, I find it so ridiculous that it's not easy to change this myself and I think I'm over Spotify.

Wow. Spotify's advice was to change my Facebook password? Am I crazy and if
I change my Facebook password again (I've changed it recently) all of a
sudden Spotify will say, Okay, no problem, NOW you can use an email instead?

Goodbye Spotify. I thought we had a pretty good thing going with the
Playlists, but I'm cancelling my Premium account right now. If your
customer service agents can't be bothered to read my email, then I can't be
bothered to pay you anymore.

"Since your Spotify account was created using your Facebook details, it’s
your Facebook password you’ll need to change. You can do that here:
https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=account&section=password&view"

Spotify's latest advice is to create an entirely new account. (Yes, THAT will help me get back the Playlists that disappeared. Although, admittedly,  I would be able to log in with email, so I guess they're on to something there.)

I almost want to wait to cancel my account to see what wonderful new "help' comes next. 

Suggested posts