Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deactivate Consul Remotely

Deactivate Consul Remotely

Hi, Looking for some help, is it possible to deactivate a spotify account remotely as in it is set up on a desktop that I no longer have access to but the (premium) account is still being used

Thanks

15 Replies

Hey!

You can cancel your subscription from here: https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/

Just use your login details that you used on that old laptop.

If you're still having trouble, please get in touch with our payments team. Head to 'About Us' (above) and 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as possible.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks Sam but looking to maintain the account just disable access to it on that desktop

If you're logged out on that computer, no-one will be able to access it unless they had your login details. I can disconnect all devices attached to your account if you'd like. It would mean you'd need to re-sync your music on your iPhone, but it would log everyone out of your account. So you know your account would be safe. Would you like me to do that?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks Sam, if you could log out of all devices that would be great

Ok cool. I'm sending you an email now. I just need to confirm some security details before I can do so.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey

Could the same be done for my account please - Spotify account name: ChequeredSkipper

Thanks

ChequeredSkippe - Would you like me to disconnect all the devices attached to your account? You'll lose all the tracks you've synced to offline mode if I do.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes please, Sam.

Thanks,

Will

Hey Will,

All done. Hope it sorts it for you.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks Sam

Hi Sam

Just discovered that someone else is still using my account 'ChequeredSkipper'.  They definitely don't have my password, so your last attempt to log me out doesn't seem to have worked, I'm afraid.

I'll try and sort it out at this end but I would be grateful if you could try and log me out from all devices again, please.

Cheers

Will

...further to my last message Sam, it has occurred to me that the 'Remember me' box may have been ticked on the other computer, so when you disconnected my account last time, might they have been able to log straight back in?

I have just changed the password on my account anyway, which hopefully may help.

Cheers

Will

A change of password should be ok, as it should log everyone out of the account.

Let us know if you're still having trouble.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks, will do.

Can you log me out as well?

Suggested posts