Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Debit card was declined and it cancelled my Spotify Student

Debit card was declined and it cancelled my Spotify Student

My debit card was recently compromised at a gas station and the card was cancelled. My bank had to send me a new card. Spotify attempted to take payment before I was able to update the card information. I updated my card information and thought it was going to charge me the same student rate that I've for a year. It however charged me the normal premium amount of $9.99. Will I see an update for the charge in the coming days or am I just out $5? and when I went to verify my student information again, it said it was unable verify. I don't want to be punished for some person trying to steal my card information. Is there any way to rectify this situation? Thanks for everyone's time. Please help if possible.  

Plan

Free/Premium Student Premium

Country

US

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey @tmills3370.

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community - we'll be glad to help you out with this 🙂

That's unfortunate! The best thing to do is to get in touch with our Customer Support team here, who will be able to take a look at your account to see what's happening backstage.

If you have indeed successfully subscribed for the student discount, then they should be able to refund you for the last payment and make sure that from now on you pay the student rate.

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with 🙂

Suggested posts