Deceased Peron's Account

Deceased Peron's Account

Meowmeex
Casual Listener

Hi,

I hope I put this in the right place. My friend recently passed away and I was wondering if Spotify deletes the accounts of people who die. His Facebook page has already been converted to a remembering page. We had awesome times listening to Spotify in my car and I want to keep listening to the music he had.

Thank you

8 Replies

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Spotify doesn't delete an account unless the person or a close relative requests it to be deleted.

Do you already have access to the playlists you want to listen to?

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Meowmeex
Casual Listener

All I have are the public playlists he created. I don't remember if we used a specific playlist or just listened to his whole library. He was in charge of the music

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

I've asked a Spotify employee to look into this for you. It could be that gaining access is not possible due to privacy concerns.

I'll let you know when I hear back.

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Meowmeex
Casual Listener

Thank you so much for your help

Pricilla
Spotify
Spotify

Hey @Meowmeex,

Thanks for contacting us here in the Spotify Community. 

You'll need to get in touch with our customer services team directly using the online contact form.

They'll be able to assist you further with this.

Let us know how you get on!

VanessaL0908

How do you cancel the deceased's account? My didn't have email or facebook so I'm not even sure how he created an account, but I'm closing his recurring credit card charges. This service doesn't have a phone service to contact anyone. Please help.

sam1059
Casual Listener

This could potentially be a different kind of issue. As far as I know you must have a valid email and / or Facebook account in order to create a Spotify account. I would be concerned that somebody had stolen their credit card information or something more nefarious.  I wish you luck and if I were you I'd email support with whatever information you can find out about their account to possibly get more help. 

DarkstarInSpace

Hey  ... is this still the case (that Spotify doesn't delete the playlists of those who've died)? 

What if the surviving family stops paying for the service?  The account would, obviously, be closed ... and the playlists removed.

Right?

Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS