Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete Facebook Account, But Keep Spotify

Solved!

Delete Facebook Account, But Keep Spotify

Having Spotify so tightly linked to a Facebook account is a pain my ass. All I want is to be able to permanently delete my Facebook account but still be able to use Spotify... How do I do this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I don't know how to say this, but here I go...

It looks like I'm going to have to stop using my Spotify all together. I think it's incredibly inconvenient and absolutely ridiculous that Spotify users have to go through all this unnecessary effort, just to keep listening to their playlists/mixes. I get that originally...we signed up using our Facebook. For me, at the time it was the fastest —or I should say— easiest root for signing up. Now, I'm just tired of Facebook and want to delete my account all together. That social media site has served its purpose and I'm TRYING to move on from it. But, I can't because I've paid my monthly fee for Spotify and I WANT to keep listening to my well organized playlists that consists of ALL THE BEST songs (in my opinion) leading up to today. I am just beyond frustrated at this point with Spotify, because it's such an easy way to fix this and make it better. The app itself is so good and is used by many! So, why can't or why hasn't this issue been corrected? All that money, I mean it's based on convenience. Right?

"Listen to your favorite songs/albums/playlists and mixes WHENEVER. WHEREVER. While your on the go! For better experience sign up as a premium member where you have the power to listen to music in any order and jam out offline! You'll also get a free 14 day (or whatever) trial, all you have to do is sign up. It's EASY!" (probably not how they advertise, but you get what I'm finna say.)

That said. If a person is signed up with their Facebook and later decides to delete their FB account, let them keep that email and give THEM/ US, the automatic fix or option to transfer playlists and paid services to being JUST that given email (and vice versa); Without having to contact customer service and waiting days or even weeks for a response. My FB and Email accounts are connected, so why can I not sign in using my email? I feel like their could be a far less complicated solution. Like, it shouldn't even be an issue...

"Oh, you wanna drop Facebook and keep your Spotify? Sure, no problem just make sure to keep the same email you used before, type in new password or password to sign into your email, click sign in through the app...'Boom Pow'! It's like you never left."
You keep the email, you keep your paid Spotify account with no issues, AND your favorite playlist and songs from before are there waiting for you. You don't have to start creating your perfect playlist from scratch, AGAIN, or have to go through that extra hassel of dealing with Customer Service. Not saying Spotify CS workers and Providers are a hassel. They are probably great at what they do, but little things like this as I said shouldn't require such assistance/guidance or take up that much time. I'm a fast **bleep**, tedious things make me impatient. I just want to go, no complications. It should be as simple as clicking a button. I like Spotify, but this tid bit is a complete turn off. JUST GIVE US THE POWER TO MAKE THESE SORT OF CHANGES! If not, I'll have to drop this.

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you created your Spotify account using Facebook then there is no way to seperate your accounts. If you want to remove Facebook, you need to create a new account using your email address (non-Facebook) from the signup page

If you have a subscription or playlists that you would like transfered from one account to another, just drop the customer services team an email using the online contact form.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem. I've deleted a FB account and now I can't use my Spotify account anymore. 

It's an option to create a new account, but here's the question: is it possible to the paid for services from one account to another- that is not connected to f**cking FB? 

Thanks. 

I have created another account with just an email address (by the way, you can't use the same email address you use with Facebook, which is **bleep**ing **bleep**). I have used the online contact form to request getting by subscription and playlist data transferred but they interpretted "transfer" some how as "delete". This is **bleep**ing ridiculous. Who's **bleep**ing idea was it to require Facebook to use Spotify? That **bleep**tard need to be fired.

I had the same problem. Except I hadn't seen this post before and I have already deleted my facebook account. I can no longer log in to my old spotify account because my facebook account is deleted. I've set up another premium account I now use, but I am still paying for premium on my old one. Can the services team delete this account? PLEASE? PLEASE?

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get that done for you @imart12 .

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, i've just deleted my facebook account, I had to create a new spotify account, it seems to have less options than before such as this small details as changing my profile picture, i've lost all of my playlists and favorite tracks and the funny thing is: "i'm still being me" but without facebook... but still me... but spotify takes me as if i were a different person, of course i had to use a different email address, which i consider unnecessary but it's weird how "facebook dependant" the service is.

I deleted my facebook account in November and did not take into account my Spotify. I have no paid for this service since November with no way of cancelling it because I can't login due to my facebook being deleted.

I just want to say that I feel for all you guys on this page.  Unwinding your life from facebook's cold death grip is a nigtmare.  It's dissappointing that Spotify also falls into this category.  The way that they have designed this system and its reliance on facebook for credentials is a huge failure on the product management team.   This was either designed this way on purpose (doubtful) or by accident and ths system is so complex that to fix it would require a huge amount of effort that they do not want to invest in (probable).

Spotify as a user I would like to remove myself from facebook and still retain my relationship with Spotify regardless of account type (premium or free user) without losing my playlists, saved music, followings, and general activity.

Unfortunately you have failed at this simple request.  Thankfully, there are now many other services out there that are just as comparable to you and easier to use without a facebook account.

I have tried contacting Spotify using the Online Contact Form several times to have my old account transferred to my new account, (due to deleting my facebook) and NO ONE has even assisted me! All they say is to look online for answers. This is ridiculous. So I can't get real assistance but they have no problem taking my money for an account I'm not even using! I am a big fan of Spotify but this just changes my mind about it all together. Poor customer service.

I have this same problem. They are charging me for both and are not putting my playlists together..

Hi! My Facebook got deleted and now all my playlists are gone!
Any Chance to get them back?

So much work just deleted by them...
Marked as solution

I don't know how to say this, but here I go...

It looks like I'm going to have to stop using my Spotify all together. I think it's incredibly inconvenient and absolutely ridiculous that Spotify users have to go through all this unnecessary effort, just to keep listening to their playlists/mixes. I get that originally...we signed up using our Facebook. For me, at the time it was the fastest —or I should say— easiest root for signing up. Now, I'm just tired of Facebook and want to delete my account all together. That social media site has served its purpose and I'm TRYING to move on from it. But, I can't because I've paid my monthly fee for Spotify and I WANT to keep listening to my well organized playlists that consists of ALL THE BEST songs (in my opinion) leading up to today. I am just beyond frustrated at this point with Spotify, because it's such an easy way to fix this and make it better. The app itself is so good and is used by many! So, why can't or why hasn't this issue been corrected? All that money, I mean it's based on convenience. Right?

"Listen to your favorite songs/albums/playlists and mixes WHENEVER. WHEREVER. While your on the go! For better experience sign up as a premium member where you have the power to listen to music in any order and jam out offline! You'll also get a free 14 day (or whatever) trial, all you have to do is sign up. It's EASY!" (probably not how they advertise, but you get what I'm finna say.)

That said. If a person is signed up with their Facebook and later decides to delete their FB account, let them keep that email and give THEM/ US, the automatic fix or option to transfer playlists and paid services to being JUST that given email (and vice versa); Without having to contact customer service and waiting days or even weeks for a response. My FB and Email accounts are connected, so why can I not sign in using my email? I feel like their could be a far less complicated solution. Like, it shouldn't even be an issue...

"Oh, you wanna drop Facebook and keep your Spotify? Sure, no problem just make sure to keep the same email you used before, type in new password or password to sign into your email, click sign in through the app...'Boom Pow'! It's like you never left."
You keep the email, you keep your paid Spotify account with no issues, AND your favorite playlist and songs from before are there waiting for you. You don't have to start creating your perfect playlist from scratch, AGAIN, or have to go through that extra hassel of dealing with Customer Service. Not saying Spotify CS workers and Providers are a hassel. They are probably great at what they do, but little things like this as I said shouldn't require such assistance/guidance or take up that much time. I'm a fast **bleep**, tedious things make me impatient. I just want to go, no complications. It should be as simple as clicking a button. I like Spotify, but this tid bit is a complete turn off. JUST GIVE US THE POWER TO MAKE THESE SORT OF CHANGES! If not, I'll have to drop this.

This is ridiculous, even though I am given the option to change my device password, Spotify always says the same thing...."oops something went wrong"  well $$^# you spotify, i'm deleting my facebook account as well as yours and i'll go back to Pandora.  Your ads are so #$%^ing annoying im surprised it took me this long to make this decision.  Stop sucking facebook's **bleep** and let users be independant of that time draining social nightmare.  Change what you do Spotify or I swear you'll become the next AOL.

I want to do the same thing actually. I have a cool list with a lot of followers. I'd like to continue to post songs to these followers so if I have to start over I'll just do that at a other platform.

Dear spottify, are you going to change this?

are you don't want to keep your facebook account any more , but don't know how?

so, friends don't worry here is the best website of Q&A for any facebook query, that will help you for your any facebook query https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/i-want-to-use-spotify-without-facebook...

Thank you for saying this. It's so annoying that my Spotify and Facebook accounts are inseparable. The only reason I still have a Facebook account is so I can use Spotify. I want to get rid of Facebook but it has taken my Spotify account hostage. If I do get to the point that I just delete my Facebook I won't go to the trouble of creating a new Spotify, I'll just keep my £10 a month and spend it on records instead (I don't need a Facebook to put the needle on the playing surface). 

seems there is no way of keeping my playlists without creating a new account and having to rebuild everything. might as well move to prime and enjoy both music and video content while enjoying tons of other services. Pity, really liked Spotify but I no longer want it linked to facebook and I used FB to create the account 😞

Have you tried logging in with your numerical account name? Even when you sign up through FB, you still get a username like '12345567'. I'm not sure if this still works after deleting facebook, but give it a try...

where would I find this number? Can't seem to find it in my profile.

Suggested posts