Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete Previous Community Account

Delete Previous Community Account

Hi

Denisse from Spotify Customer Support asked my to write to someone in the community to close my previous community account. They transferred my Spotify account created through facebook to a new one without facebook, but now I am unable to access my old community account with the username 'henrikpsnielsen'. She stated that a spotify account and its corresponding community account are not directly linked and run on different systems, which is why it has not been transferred with me to my new account.

I, therefore, would like to have my OLD account (henrikpsnielsen) closed. My NEW account, HeinrichP, I should like to have remain open.

Best regards

Henrik Stougaard

5 Replies

Hey there @user-removed  and thanks for reaching out!

I've escalated this to the right team and hopefully you'll hear from someone soon 🙂

Have a great day!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hey again-

You can close your community account on your own by doing the following:

1. Log in with the username they no longer wish to use.

2. Head to My Settings.

3. Under Personal Profile, you'll find the option Close Account.

Let me know how this worked!

K

No

I can't log in because when you click "log in" you are redirected to the main Spotify login page, and there it states that I have no account connected to that facebook profile.

And if I try and recover the password using my user id 1102007, I get the following message

"It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com."

And since my previous account that was connected to Facebook was deleted I cannot sign into the community either.

Hey again @user-removed -

Can you try opening an incognito window and try to log in but instead of using the "Log in with Facebook" enter the email you use to log in to facebook as username and the password you use to log in Facebook in the fields right underneath? If it logs you in the community, then you can follow the above details to delete your community account!

Let me know how this worked!

K

Does not work. Comes up with the error message "Incorrect username or password".

Suggested posts