Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete Spotify-Facebook-Account

Delete Spotify-Facebook-Account

Hello there.
I want to link my (Premium) Spotify account with Facebook, but i can't do it, because I have an 2nd (free-)account with Facebook opened. I just want to delete the Facebook-Account, but nothing in the manual could helped me.
does anyone have an idea here? ^^

13 Replies

Hello! 

If you are trying to disconnect your Facebook account from your current Spotify Account, you should be able to do that by following the guide here.

If you are trying to disconnect Spotify through Facebook, you should go to Settings > Apps and  Websites. From there you will just check the Spotify box and click remove.

If this is not quite the problem, please let me know and we will try to get the problem fixed.

nono, I've created an Spotify-free-account with my Facebook-account and I want to remove this, to connect it with my real Spotify-premium-account.

Ahh, I understand now.  

Do you have access to the free account that you have it attached to? If so, you should be able to follow the disconnect guide found here.

If you do not have access to the account, let me know and we will see how to remove the account.

Best regards.

nice, thanks. But now i can't connect my Premium Account with Facebook, the link does not open. 

Aaaaargh. ._.

Sorry for your frustration.

Were you able to get the Facebook account disconnected from the free account? 

If you do not have access to the free account to remove it, simply go to your Facebook settings and then go to "Apps and Websites" 

Once you are here, you should be able to select the "Spotify" app and then hit remove. 

If this does not help, please let me know and we will see what we can do.

Wow. I am such a.. nevermind. 😄
Yeah, I think we can do this. The Link in the Dektop-app to connect facebook does still not working.
But I can feel it, we're very close!

I am glad that we are getting closer, LOL.

It sounds like you are trying to connect the Spotify account before making sure that it is disconnected from your free account. If you have successfully disconnected the account, please let me know as that changes many things. If you have not disconnected the account, maybe try Facebook's guide found here.

Again, please let me know if you have disconnected the account and are now just trying to reconnect it with your premium.

Hope this helps.

the account is succesfully disconnected, and the profile in facebook is succesfully removed. 🙂

Great, I am happy to hear that! 

So what we want to do is link your Facebook to the correct account.

If you are using Spotify on a desktop, here is a step-by-step guide to connect them.

Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 12.39.22 AM.png

and if you are trying to do it on a mobile or tablet, use this guide. Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 12.41.19 AM.png

Let me know if this helps! 🙂

well, on the desktop-app does it still not work, but on my smartphone-app was the report, that "this facebook account is already connected with another spotify account".
Well, i don't get it. The app is definitly removed now in facebook itself

at first, i have to agree, that facebook will get access to my account, friend list, birthday etc., i can agree it and then comes "this facebook account is already connected with another spotify account".

And after this, in my facebook is again an app-profil activated. so it looks that it is connected, but it is not already.

Alright,

Let's double check that we have tried everything on this guide located Here.

If you have completed everything on that guide and you're still not having any luck, I am going to recommend that you contact Spotify Support, which can be found here.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

well, the problem is, that i can not reset my password from my facebook/ spotify-Account, because it has no E-Mail-Adress.
But it is definitly removed. It still gets activated, when i try to connect it with my premium-account. 
Very strange. ._. I'll try next the support. ^^

Thanks for your help 🙂

Suggested posts