Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete and create a new account. Why? To have a new username.

Solved!

Delete and create a new account. Why? To have a new username.

Good morning,

I want to change my username to later create a new account and pay a Premium account, but it's impossible. So, I changed my email and now I try to create a new account, but the system say me that my email is been used.

My previous email: GMAIL.com

My present email: HOTMAIL.com

I want to create a new account with my GMAIL email, because this email is no longer in use in this moment, and delete my present account (with my HOTMAIL account).

I want to confirm if when I delete my account, I will to create a new account with my GMAIL email.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

If you delete your account, you should be able to create another one with that email.

Also, you can  submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify should be able to move everything over from your old account (i.e. playlists etc. so your new username has the same music on it).

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Antony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

If you delete your account, you should be able to create another one with that email.

Also, you can  submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify should be able to move everything over from your old account (i.e. playlists etc. so your new username has the same music on it).

If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Antony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thank you, AnthonyB! I will try to do it.

Hi

I also would like my account deleted so that I can creat a new username but using the same email address.

Please help.

Thanks

Adam

Hey Adam 🙂 

If you could get in touch as @Taylor outlined above a member of the support team will be able to assist you in getting migrated over to a new account. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I shall use simple english to describe my problem, please stick with me.

I once registered Spotify via Facebook. Now I've got a Spotify account that took it's identification email address from Facebook. This email address is my main email address. I no longer want a Spotify account associated with Facebook. I want a new Spotify account registered to my main email address. This is prohibited, since it is already in use. I cannot change the email address since Spotify insists the email address has to be changed via facebook. It *CANNOT* be changed via facebook.

Believe me, I tried. Many times, using many aproaches, wasting many hours.
I am not going to start meaningfully using Spotify (and much less invest any money here) until this is remedied.

Feel free to contact me.

Hey @mysocratesnote , if you get in touch here, the account team will get this sorted for you. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Hi,

I just want you to know that my cellphone has been lost for almost 4 months now. and one of my apps there is spotify . and for 4 months since i lost my cellphone i keep on receiving notification of my spotify saying that my account is dowloaded some music that i pesonally didnt download because my cellphone has been lost. i guess the person who saw or stole whatever  my cellphone is using my spotify account. can you just remove or cancel my spotify account? because i did some settings with my gmail like changing the password and it doing the same thing. please help me because my heart hurts when i know that somebody is using my account without my permission, Thank you !

@Isdiar wrote:

Good morning,

I want to change my username to later create a new account and pay a Premium account, but it's impossible. So, I changed my email and now I try to create a new account, but the system say me that my email is been used.

My previous email: GMAIL.com

My present email: HOTMAIL.com

I want to create a new account with my GMAIL email, because this email is no longer in use in this moment, and delete my present account (with my HOTMAIL account).

I want to confirm if when I delete my account, I will to create a new account with my GMAIL email.

Thank you.

You can boot them off the account, change your Spotify and/or Facebook passwords then click the Sign Out Everywhere option on your online account:
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts