Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete and create a new account

Solved!

Delete and create a new account

Hey
I wanted to change my username and realized I could only do so by deleting my account and creating a new account under the name I want.
I have a premium account. The question is, if I delete my account, can I create a new account with the new username but with the same e-mail and credit card with which I created the previous account?
Thanks for the response

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @-_1r0tfgcdpv3, welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Yes, when you delete yoru current account and create a new one, you should be able to use the same email address and credit card details. Keep in mind that you can only delete your account once your subscription reverts to free. 

Also, keep in mind that once you delete your account, you will lose access to the following: 

• Your username, it can’t be used with Spotify again.
  • Your playlists, followers, and everything saved in Your Library.
  • If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to another account until 12-months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

If you're still sure about deleting your account, you can check out this support article for the next steps to take.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @-_1r0tfgcdpv3, welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great!

Yes, when you delete yoru current account and create a new one, you should be able to use the same email address and credit card details. Keep in mind that you can only delete your account once your subscription reverts to free. 

Also, keep in mind that once you delete your account, you will lose access to the following: 

• Your username, it can’t be used with Spotify again.
  • Your playlists, followers, and everything saved in Your Library.
  • If you have the student discount, you won’t be able to apply it to another account until 12-months have elapsed since you signed up for it.

If you're still sure about deleting your account, you can check out this support article for the next steps to take.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts