Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Delete or merge old account with new one - cant access email

Delete or merge old account with new one - cant access email

Hello,

I need help. I have an old account on hzl_34 (at) windowslive.com, but I cant access this email anymore and I dont remember my password for this spotify account either. I used facebook to log in. I have this new account, but since my facebook is connected to the old account, I cant connect it to this new one. I tried to unlink my facebook from the old account through the desktop app, but the facebook login there gives error and there is no other way for me to log in.

The outcome is, I cant delete mz old account, I cant reset my password either (access to email needed), and I cant unlink my facebook account (cant login to the desktop app). 

Any of the following will help:

Delete my old account completely

Merge it with this account and keep the login info from this account

At least unlink facebook from the old account

Thank you for any help!

Hazal

3 Replies

Hi there @AliyeHazal thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

I’d recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for the steps you should take to use Spotify without Facebook.

Let me know if this helps you out,

Jack 🙂

Dear Jack,

thank you for your tip. Unfortunately, this does not help my problem. I specifically mentioned that I am unable to login to the desktop app using the facebook login becuase it gives an illogical error (invalid username). Since I dont have a password to login to that account directly, there is no means for me to apply this solution using the desktop app. If you have any other solution, i would be greatful for any feedback.

Hazal

Hey @AliyeHazal,

Have you tried unlinking the Spotify application from your Facebook profile?

You can do that on Facebook > Settings > Apps and websites.

This should unlink your Facebook from your old Spotify account and allow you to connect it to your new one.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,
Felix

Suggested posts