Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleted Facebook account and Spotify is messed up

Deleted Facebook account and Spotify is messed up

So back in June I deleted my facebook accounts which was linked with my Spotify account. The spotify account was saved in my computer and my phone and I was still able to listen to my playlists with no issues at all. I still did not have a username, email or password. My user name was just something generated. So earlier this week my friend logged himself in on my computer which means that I can't log him out and log me back in because there are no details, only a generated username, no password or email. I still have it in my phone but I don't know how I can cancel my subscription or access this account again, this really sucks, I have a playlist worth over 50 hours with 750 songs and I don't really want to find all of those songs again.

Thanks

8 Replies

Hi @Vofan !

I suggest you contact support so they can help you transfer all your stuff to a non-Facebook Spotify account that uses a username and password to login:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

Have a great day!

Hello @Vofan!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I'll try to help you out here.

Can you try having a password reset with the email linked to your Facebook account? You can also try using your auto-generated Spotify username in the password reset. You should then be able to log in by using your email/username and your new password.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The problem is that when I do reset password with the generated username it
just tells me that there is no Email assigned to the account

Hey @Vofan! Thank for your reply.

I see, can you let me know what happens when you try having a password reset with the email linked to your deleted Facebook account?

Keep me posted 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

I get this message: The email address you entered is not linked to a
Spotify account. You can either try another email address, or log in
through Facebook
-
if your account is connected.

Hello @Vofan!

In that case, I'd recommend you reach out to Spotify here. They'll be able to take a look backstage and hopefully solve this as soon as possible. 

Have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Yes, I live chatted an agent earlier today and she transferred all my data over to a new account, cancelled my subscription and provided me with a free month. Everything is good now, thanks for your interest in trying to help me, I really do appriciate it 😊

Hey @Vofan! I'm glad to hear everything's fine now 🙂 Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
handShake30fps.gif

Suggested posts