NEXT STEP

Deleted Playlist

Deleted Playlist

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device PC

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System Windows 10

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi.

I have had a Spotify account for over ten years - Most of which as a premium member. Over that time i've ammassed quite a few songs as you can imagine.

A year or so ago i fell out of favour and started using Youtube.

Approx a year ago I tried to log on to Spotify and was told my acount had been deactivated - I tried, (Not to hard) to get it back but failed.

However this has gnawed at me over time as I regularly thought "I want to listen to this or that on my play list" ... Recently i got in touch with Spotify who yesterday reactivated my account - Woop!

But all my music/playlists had vanished!

They advised me to try a restore, which came up that I had no playlists to restore .. grrrrrrrrr.

When i got in touch again, they asked me to name two songs from my lists which I did.

The reply was niether were on my lists (I know for a fact they were) and as they weren't on my lists, I had failed security and my best option was to start again and how much fun that would be!!!!

My playlists are irreplacable as you can imagine - Some songs were there because I had a friend or friends that reminded me of a moment etc, which you had to be there at the time etc. hence the reason i am so irate about this loss. I've paid many hundreds of pounds to Spotify - Surely these playlists must be somewhere in cyber space and they have the technology to get them back?

Sorry for the long post!

1 Reply

Hey there @Bigsexy1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome 🙂

We're sorry to hear that you're having some issues recovering your playlists. You can follow the steps in this article to restore them. However, keep in mind that this is only possible if the playlists were deleted within the last 90 days, so if your playlists were deleted prior to this time, we're afraid it won't be possible to restore them from your end.

If that's the case, then we recommend keeping in touch with our Support team, as they're the right folks to help you out with this. You can do it through any of these channels.

We hope this helps and you get to recover your playlists. If you have any questions or need anything else, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts