Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleted facebook account, can't login anymore to cancel subscription

Solved!

Deleted facebook account, can't login anymore to cancel subscription

Hi,

I recently deleted my facebook account and totally forgot that my spotify premium account is bound to it. Now I can't login any longer with said old account, which makes sense. How do I cancel or transfer my subscription over to the new account? I already wrote to the spotify support, but only a automated message came back. I responded to that no-reply message as suggested somewhere in this forum, but nobody contacted me yet...

What am I supposed to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I think you can use your email (the one you used to sign up for Spotify) to reset the password, log-in and cancel subcription.

Dont foget to KUDOS if you think this post helpful 🙂

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks! I have chased this up for you and you will hopefully get a response soon.

Check album availability here

Marked as solution

If your account was created with a facebook login (your username will be a 10 digit number) then you'll need to set up a new account, initially using a different email address) then get in touch with the account team and they'll help get things moved over. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

If your account was created with a spotify username and you connected it to facebook later, you just need to disconnect it from facebook - follow the steps in the first part of this FAQ.

Marked as solution

Hello,

I am having the same exact problem and I need someone from the Spotify team to sort out my subscription, delete my old Spotify created through a nonexistent Facebook, and release my email for sign-up again.

My case numbers are # 10354896: Account - Other ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571eybNs:ref and # 10351432: Account - Facebook created account [ ref:_00DD0pxIW._500571eyWYl:ref ]

61 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi,

I think you can use your email (the one you used to sign up for Spotify) to reset the password, log-in and cancel subcription.

No, I can't do that. I have to sign in using facebook, and facebook says no account with that email exists ( since I deleted it ) so I can't login to the spotify site... Or did it automatically cancel and delete the spotify part of that account too?

Haha what a tragic :)). Since your old acc was gone, I dont think you will be charged any more in future for the old subcription. But you can cotact Spotify team to help transfer you old playlists to you new acc, hopefully 🙂

Yes, I'm hoping for that too. Would like to have some clearification from the spotify team tho whats really happening now. Just transfering the subscription and playlists over to this new accoint would be ideal.

Hello @1stuffy1 !

Could you post your case number that you got from one of the emails? I can then chase it up for you 🙂

Sure! 01262747 that one? Theres another one, I'll post it just in case: ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0ZsHCS:ref

Marked as solution

Thanks! I have chased this up for you and you will hopefully get a response soon.

Thanks a lot! I really hope to get it resolved soon 🙂 .

Hey @1stuffy1 -- that case is with the right folks. They'll be in touch as soon as they can to help out. They'll be able to copy your playlists over to a new account (not connected to Facebook) if you wanted.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

That would be cool. Is it also possible to transfer the subscription over to the new account?

Unfortunately not, but any new account is entitled to our 30-day Premium trial from spotify.com/freetrial so feel free to use that. You'll almost certainly end up with more Premium time than you had left using that too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Alright, thats fine. As long as the old subscription is no longer running too 😉 . Thanks a lot again for the help.

I have the same issue - deleted my facebook account and then realized I couldn't log into Spotify anymore. I just used the contact form (which I had to create a new account to even get to...). Did they resolve this for you?

Yes, they managed to help me out. I'm sure somebody will respond to you ( here or via email ) soon

If you reply to the automated email you get when you open a case using the contact form (even if it is from no-reply) someone will get back in touch to lend a hand. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi everyone.

I'll take a ride in this post trying a similar help:

I connected spotify with my facebook account and enjoyed a lot.

But now, I want to go premium BUT I'll delete my facebook account soon and don't want to associate my spotify premium with my facebook.

I've tried to drop spotify app at my facebook and then create a "pure" spotify account with the same email but didn't worked. At the account creation moment, I receive a message that my email it's already in use.

So, someone can help me? I really want to create a spotify account with the same email, because I centralize everything at this email. And I'm just waiting this to go with premium.

Thanks in advance.

Marked as solution

If your account was created with a facebook login (your username will be a 10 digit number) then you'll need to set up a new account, initially using a different email address) then get in touch with the account team and they'll help get things moved over. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it by email and you will hear back from one of the team shortly.

If your account was created with a spotify username and you connected it to facebook later, you just need to disconnect it from facebook - follow the steps in the first part of this FAQ.

Many thanks @Joe, I'll try this!

And what if you don't HAVE a different email address? Spotify will not allow me to create a new account because all I have is one gmail account.

Suggested posts