Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleted playlist still showing up on Facebook.

Deleted playlist still showing up on Facebook.

Hi guys, my problem's a bit different than the ones I keep finding. I deleted a playlist a while back, and I want it to STAY DELETED. (It's from an old relationship.) But it's showing up on Facebook, and people can still click it and listen to it and everything. I can't change it to private because it's already deleted from my account, yet it's still there, with all the songs, and I don't want it to be. How can I completely delete this playlist from my account?

20 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

I have asked before it the staff can change the privacy settings of playlists and the answer has always been no. With that in mind, I would suggest you fill in the form on this post and request your playlist to be restored to your account. Once that is done, you can change it to private and then delete it again which will remove it from all of your profiles. 

Be aware that deleting a playlist from your account does not remove it from the Spotify systems, but will simply remove it from your account. It is not possible to completely remove playlists due to the way the playlist following system works so even if you delete a playlist and make it private, anyone with a direct link to the playlist, or if they already follow it will continue to see it. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Im having the same problem a created playlist which i have deleted is still showing up on my profile that others see though i dont see it myself when viewing my own profile. how can i delete it?

Thanks J

What is the name of the playlist and your Spotify username (or a link to the playlist) @juba ?

Peter

That playlist doesn't show on your public profile for me so my guess it is private already. Anyone with the direct link to the playlist will be able listen and follow it (apart from the starred playlist). 

Peter

Hi, I'm having the same issue as well. I deleted a playlist on my account, but for some reason people are still able to view and follow it. When I deleted the playlist, I had one follower for that playlist; now I have three.  Here's the link for the playlist:  Prom March 2014

Are you getting notifications when new people follow it now?

Peter

i am having the same issue.  i have tons of old, deleted and private playlists which are still showing up.  please help!  the only playlists which should be viewable on my profile by others are "now" and "latenight"

Showing up on Facebook or on your Spotify profile inside the client?

Peter

i'm having the same problem. could you do the same thing for me? the playlist titles are:

Frank Sinatra - Christmas Songs By Sinatra

Get Down On It

Stereophobia (Feat. Sikis)

WEST COAST REPRESENT

please?

Is your Spotify username "Oae"?

If so, you don't appear to have any public playlists I can see.

Peter

Hello. I am viewing my "Public Playlists" from my profile inside of Spotify and there are tons of old playlists shown. I can't delete them or anything. My account is tied to Facebook, but  a few months ago I didn't want any link to Facebook other than authentication. I deleted all activity from Facebook, and I don't see any of it on Facebook. Please help! Anything below "Listen Later" shouldn't be there. I am sure no one is following them.

username:aknewhope

email:aknewhope at gmail dot com

According to my system "aknewhope" does not exist as a user. Is that definitely your Spotify username shown on this page?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter

Hi Peter

My account was intitially setup using Facebook. I still have to login via Facebook. Under my account settings, it shows

Your account
Username: 122234649
Email address: aknewhope@gmail.com
Date of birth: 1989-03-19

122234649 (HTTP link from within Spotify)

Also, I thought maybe it is happening because I had all of my playlists set to public. So I tried to go to the recover playlists page, and it doesn't work, EVER! I tried for a few weeks every day now. I was going to restore and change to private and then delete to see if that would fix it. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue so can you guys make this fixable?

Weird. Now everything is normal. Hmmm...

@aknewhope - All fixed?

Peter

I have 3 playlists showing on my Facebook, yet they're not on my Spotify & they're not even on the 'Recover playlists' page of my account, is there any way you can get rid of them?

Can you not hide them over on Facebook @user-removed ?

Peter

Yes for now

Suggested posts