Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleted roughly 2000 songs from a playlist. Can't undo.

Deleted roughly 2000 songs from a playlist. Can't undo.

My name is Evan and I have a playlist called Roadtrip V2, which I have regularly added new songs to for the past year or so. I'm pretty particular about this playlist because I listen to it more than any other. Even my friends followed and listened to it. However, because of my particularity with this playlist, I like for the songs to be alphabetized by artist. It just makes it easier to scroll around and find the song I want in it when the songs are arranged this way. So typically when I add a new slew of songs to the playlist, I will sort them by artist, then select all, copy, delete, and then paste them all back into the playlist. This makes it where the songs are in alpabetical order by artist, even when they aren't sorted as such. This process is just a lot easier than dragging every new song added to its particular alphabetical spot individually. 

After the recent Spotify update, I attempted to do this process. I sorted the songs by artist, I clicked command + A (I use a MacBook Pro) to select all the songs in the playlist, I pressed command + C to copy all of the selected songs, and then I pressed delete. I even pressed command + C twice to make sure that I actually copied them, for fear that what happened would happen. And sure enough, when I pressed command + V to re-paste the alphabetized songs into the playlist, nothing appeared. The playlist remained empty. I pressed command + V again and nothing occurred. I hit command + Z multiple times in order to undo the action, and the playlist remained empty. 2000 songs. Gone. I was mortified. I logged out and logged back in to see if the program just needed to be refreshed after I pressed command + Z. No songs. I deleted the playlist and recovered it. No songs.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to fix this? Or will I really have to rebuild the whole playlist from scratch?

1 Reply

Hi @EvanDunne , and welcome to the community!

No worries!

Feel free to submit an online contact form; and someone at Spotify can restore the playlist to its former glory for you.
If you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts