Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting account

Deleting account

Hi there

I wanna delete my account please! Why do you guys make it so hard to do so????

I have sent an email to customer support but still no replies and my account is active!!! I want it to be deleted ASAP!

I look forward to your reply.

Luca

14 Replies

Hey there, did you get an automated response? If so, reply back to it and that'll fast-track it to our support team.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I did get the auto generated email and replied to it, but my account is still active.

Why dont you guys creat a self deletion section on the website???? This is just a joke!

When can I expect my account to be deleted?

If you didn't get a response to your reply, then feel free to post your case number here and a moderator will be able to look it up for you.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I didn't get any response from CS

Here is my refernce number  00701493

I wish my account to be deleted and all my details to be removed from your system asap

Thanks

Hi,

I'll escalate this number over to the staff so they can take a look for you.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Ok thank you very much, if anything ill get back to you
Cheers

Hi I wanna delete my account ASAP as I had downloaded spotfiy to try out the 48hr trial but I am worried about being charged so I want to delete my account on Spotify but I dont know how to this but I would like it to be deleted ASAP
Please reply ASAP

Luca220978 - Thanks for your patience. An advisor will be in touch shortly.

Courtney23 - Don't worry, I can assure you that you will not be charged. After the 48 hours are up your account will automatically revert back to free.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

@Courtney23 wrote:
Hi I wanna delete my account ASAP as I had downloaded spotfiy to try out the 48hr trial but I am worried about being charged so I want to delete my account on Spotify but I dont know how to this but I would like it to be deleted ASAP
Please reply ASAP

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

There is no need to worry, the 48 hour trial is non-renewing so your account will revert to Spotify free after the trial is over unless you subscribe to a full subscription plan. 

If you still want to have your account completely removed, you need to get in touch by following the steps in this post. I am going to remove your email address post, its best to keep those details private 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So can I use spotfiy for free whenever without subscribing to a full subscription plan

@Courtney23 wrote:
So can I use spotfiy for free whenever without subscribing to a full subscription plan

Yup 😄

Spotify free on the desktop is ad-supported, so it is free to listen.

Peter

Peter

So I can use spotify for free whenever without subscribing to a full subscripton plan
Please reply ASAP

So what is the full subscription plan
Please reply ASAP

Spotify offer three account types, I'll give you a quick summary 😉 

Spotify Free - Is free to use on the desktop, standard audio quality, contains audio and visual advertising, unlimited music for the first 6 months. There are extra restrictions after your account has been registered for 6 months (if you are outside the US). Those are outlined here

Spotify Unlimited - Gives you totally unlimited, standard quality listening on the desktop client without advertising. 

Spotify Premium - Gives you totally unlimited, superior quality listening on the desktop (without advertising), and on mobile applications, including partner services. It also gives you the ability to mark playlists as "Available Offline" so you can listen to them when you don't have an internet connection. 

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts