Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting an account

Solved!

Deleting an account

Hey all!

Right, Ive tried twice now to delete my account by contacting customer support by email.

The first message I sent off was responded to by an automated email basically saying come here. After reading some posts a mod mentioned that it was just a case of contacting spotify again via the contact form.

Well, I did that, and get the same message back... in French.

Now, is the automated "you'll find a suggestion on the community forums" a standard thing or was it supposed to be the answer to my request?

Any assistance would be awesome.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

<snip>

Update: The steps for account deletion have been updated. If you'd like to remove your account just hop over to our our contact form

Please note! Some of you may receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community.

Don't fret. If you reply directly to that email your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey Sam,

I have the same problem as NAv. I added "del" to my email adress but still my account is not being deleted.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Marked as solution

I also want to delete my spotify account, but because it's connected to my facebook account, i can't change my e-mail adress.. what to do now?

Marked as solution

I have also added .del to my account, and it is still active.  How can this be sorted out?

Marked as solution

Hey, I followed your instructions for deleting my account and waited 48 hours but my account is still actve. How can I delete it? Thank you for your help

Marked as solution

Hey everyone! As this thread grows the moderators won't be able to handle everyone's deletion requests. Users that want to delete their accounts should get in touch via our contact form. 

If you receive a message directing you back to the Community, simply just reply again with your message. Your email will reach a member of our support team who can then delete your account. 

Marked as solution

iphone - It's just been deleted. We hope to see you again.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

If you'd also like to delete your account, please get in touch via our contact form

If you receieve an automated message directing you back to the Community, simply send another reply back to that email. We'll then get your request and be able to help. 

In the meantime I'll lock this thread as the moderators won't be able to respond to everyone individually. 

109 Replies
Marked as solution

<snip>

Update: The steps for account deletion have been updated. If you'd like to remove your account just hop over to our our contact form

Please note! Some of you may receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community.

Don't fret. If you reply directly to that email your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

Thats awesome, thank you very much for your help! 😄

Hi,

Just wondering what the status is on my account deletion, cause everything is still active and it has been more than 48 hours.

This is now a fourth request for a deletion of my account, I have followed your steps, if I have missed something please let me know.

Thanks.

Nav - I've just had a look for you, it should now be sorted.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

Hey Sam,

I have the same problem as NAv. I added "del" to my email adress but still my account is not being deleted.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Hi 0nc3- I can confirm that your account has also been sorted, cheers!

I have also added .del to my account, and it is still active.  How can this be sorted out?

Hi taxman- I confirm your "bryan.rastello" account has been removed.

Marked as solution

I also want to delete my spotify account, but because it's connected to my facebook account, i can't change my e-mail adress.. what to do now?

Hi Ysasa- Users that created their accounts with Facebook should fill out our contact form (about us > contact) to delete their account. 

I can see you've already opened a case though. A response is on the way to you now--thanks. 

I am also having this problem. I want to delete my account and have made 2 requests, both with an immediate automated response. I've been looking for how to delete this account and doing what it says and  nothing is happening. I went to add .del to the end of my e-mail but apparently its linked with my facebook. That's strange. I Never linked the accounts! I am very dissatisfied and am even MORE dissatisfied after seeing what  nonsense I'm experiencing to try and get my account deleted.  It's completely ridiculous. There should be a clear option for users who want to delete their account or AT LEAST instructions or something more user friendly than this.
Please, delete my account.

Hi Bh- Your account was registered via Facebook from the beginning. There was no extra step to connect the two. 

Not to worry though. We recevied your emails and your account has now been deleted.

Delete my account asap...i already sent mail but just in case i want 2x check!

Unknown - I've just got back to you. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi

I've tried to cancel my account but it doesn´t work, I've put ".del" after my email but it isn't deleted anyway... can you please help me?

Emmafforsberg - I've just made sure it's deleted for you. We're sad to see you go.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem as the people before me, I have added .del to my e-mail but it still has'nt been deleted. 
I also would want to know why I am not able to update my account to premium? I have the correct credit card details and I do have money on the card, what could the problem be?

Hey, 

I have the same problem. I added "del" to my email adress but still my account is not being deleted.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

aalmggren- I recommend making sure your credit card meets all of the requirements below. Once you've checked these with your bank, give that upgrade another try from your subscription page. 

1.  The country set in your Spotify account profile must match the country where your card is registered. 
2. Your card should be enabled for e-commerce transactions (Verified by Visa/Mastercard securecard card).
3. Your card must be open to be used for foreign purchases.
4. There are some banks that require other security authentifications, the most common one being 3DSecure.

i_mitchell- I confirm your account has been deleted--we're sorry to see you go.

Suggested posts