Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting an account

Solved!

Deleting an account

Hey all!

Right, Ive tried twice now to delete my account by contacting customer support by email.

The first message I sent off was responded to by an automated email basically saying come here. After reading some posts a mod mentioned that it was just a case of contacting spotify again via the contact form.

Well, I did that, and get the same message back... in French.

Now, is the automated "you'll find a suggestion on the community forums" a standard thing or was it supposed to be the answer to my request?

Any assistance would be awesome.

Thanks.

109 Replies

I have had 2 transactions from my bank, to Spotify, I am told that this account was set up via facebook, I contacted them and they tell me they have removed the account details, but they have still taken money from my bank account. I did not open an account with Spotify, but obviosly someone has, Spotify tells me they cannot refund me the money, because the downloads have already been done. my details on my bank card do not tally with the details of the account holder of Spotify, what advice can you give me

Brian001- As your case is payments related, the contact form really is the best route here. 

I can see a response to your last email is on the way. Have a look in your personal inbox when you have a moment. 

I have bought premium with the same card and the same information before without problem. Now I kindly ask you to please delete my account

aalmggren- I can confirm your account has now been deleted. Sorry to see you go!

I can't delete my account either. It is linked to facebook!

Will you please delete my account?

Don't understand why it has to be so difficult...

Hi Jefferen86- We've taken care of that for you too. 

Hi I am having the exact same problem. After putting "del" at the end of my e-mail several months ago, it's still active!

Hi, I have been trying to delete my account for a while and it's still active. This is due to not being able to change countries (I have moved) without entering my card details, which frankly is a little bit ridiculous since I am using a free account anyway. It is connected to my facebook. I tried adding "del" to my e-mail in account settings, didn't work. I have sent in a contact form requesting it, and my account is still active after that too. Please help me delete it as I do not want it connected to my facebook when I am no longer using it. Thank you.

Please delete my account. Im from the Netherlands and your .del solution does not work here.

anneboerma- I can confirm that your account has now been deleted.

leilaleilaski- I want to be sure you're aware that entering your card details doesn't mean you will be charged for a subscription. It will simply change the country in your account. 

Would you still like us to delete your 'leilaleilaski' account? You can continue using our free service after changing your country settings. 

Marked as solution

I have also added .del to my account, and it is still active.  How can this be sorted out?

Hi guro95b- That's all been sorted for you now. Your account is no longer on our system. 

Same problem. I tried using the contact form to delete my account and got an automated reply referring my here. Since you moderators seem to be actually deleting accounts, whereas the contact form is totally useless in that regard, would you please delete my account? I would also suggest you make deleting accounts more user friendly. Thanks for your help.

I'm trying to terminate my account spotify account and it is also linked with my facebook accont so i cant change the e-mail address.  I have sent an e-mail and just gotten the automated response.  Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm getting very frustrated right now, but it looks like this is a common issue...I want to delete my account and am unfortunately linked up to my facebook account. Everytime I try to cancel it says I need to change my password on facebook. I just want to cancel, I don't want to have to deal with all the other junk! Somebody please help! Why is there no contact number for customer service?

What if you're account is connected to Facebook? How do you delete your account?

please_help & herculesmos - I can confirm that both of your accounts have now been deleted

Bethany- I believe you're having a different issue here. If you'd just like to cancel your subscription I recommend 1. changing your Internet broswer and 2. logging out of Facebook.

For more information check out this similar thread

KC- You can either get in touch here on the forums or via our contact form. Would you like me to go ahead and delete that for you? Perhaps there's something I can help you with first?

I have put Del on the end of my E-mail address a while ago, but my account still haven't been deleted yet. Please help me out so that I can use my E-mail address to make a new account and link up with my Facebook all over again.

Hi! I just contacted by email asking for an account deletion and got the same unhelpful automated email that others posted about., Smiley Sad Could someone please delete my account for me?? ((It would be good if you didn't mention my Spotify username/email while replying to me here for privacy reasons))

Hi, I got the same automated response so could you please delete my account as well. Thanks

Suggested posts