Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting an account

Solved!

Deleting an account

Hey all!

Right, Ive tried twice now to delete my account by contacting customer support by email.

The first message I sent off was responded to by an automated email basically saying come here. After reading some posts a mod mentioned that it was just a case of contacting spotify again via the contact form.

Well, I did that, and get the same message back... in French.

Now, is the automated "you'll find a suggestion on the community forums" a standard thing or was it supposed to be the answer to my request?

Any assistance would be awesome.

Thanks.

109 Replies

Miimakka, dsfsj, whitlenb- That's all taken care of for you. Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Hi, I added .del to the end of my email account but it hasn't been deleted, can you help?

Hey guys,

I wrote 2 mails too, but nothing happened. Now the problem is that it's not allowed o my profile to put the ".del" at the back. So please can you delete my profile on this way? It would be very nice

I have the same problem, and since sending  an e-mail obviously doesn't work according to the others, I would also like to ask can you please delete my account?

Yes, Meredith, please go ahead and delete my account. Thank you.

tilsbry, daniberlin, hatespotify, KC- All done. Hopefully we'll see you all of you back with Spotify in the near future. 

hi, if you could help me deleting account i'd be greatful because this is ridiculus... impossible to delete it...

Hi everyone- As this thread continues to grow the moderators won't be able to continue helping everyone individually.

All users looking to delete their accounts should get in touch via our contact form

If you receieve an automated message directing you back to the Community, simply send another reply back to that email. We'll then get your request and be able to help. 

Previous forum post: I came to the community forum to look for help permanently deleting my account, and found posts from a moderator saying to contact Spotify support. I did so and received an automated email saying: 'If you have a question about Spotify then your first stop should be the Spotify Community or support from other users. Then check out our Help pages. The FAQs contain solutions to the most common queries and guides on how to use Spotify's features. We're sure that these solutions will help you with your query.' 

They don't... I was told in the community forums to contact spotify support. Help pages have nothing referencing deleting an account.

I sent another help request, and got the same email back. I'm getting extremely fed up, and feel that the customer service I've experienced has only led to me wanting my account deleted even more.

Hi hma918- I've just moved your post to this more relevant thread. 

If you need to delete your account, just respond to the automated message sending you to the Community. Your email will reach a member of our support team who can then delete your account. 

I can confirm that we've gone ahead and deleted your 'hma918' account for you though. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

I want to delete spotify account but not my Facebook or email name. Can't do this and am not getting an answer

amiiperl - I've just got back to your email. Keep an eye on your inbox.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

Hey, I followed your instructions for deleting my account and waited 48 hours but my account is still actve. How can I delete it? Thank you for your help

Amylara - Not to worry, I've just made sure it's deleted. We're sorry to see you go.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi, 

I added ".del" to the end of my email account but it hasn't been deleted, can you helpme please ?

Marked as solution

Hey everyone! As this thread grows the moderators won't be able to handle everyone's deletion requests. Users that want to delete their accounts should get in touch via our contact form. 

If you receive a message directing you back to the Community, simply just reply again with your message. Your email will reach a member of our support team who can then delete your account. 

This is really sketchy - it's virtually impossible to cancel/delete your account!!  WTF r u upto, spotify??  Can't even change my email address with the .del anymore since it's grayed out.  Now I have to alter my FB account to cancel my account with spotify??  Really??!!

The contact us email just gets an autohour reply...why isn'tis there abe normal delete account protocol like other social media! Delete my account!

Bisk78 - We really don't mean to be sketchy, and we don't want you playing with your Facebook. You just need to email in, and we'll sort it. Don't worry though, I've just deleted your account.

Delete-Spotify - I've just deleted yours too. I'm sorry you guys wanted to leave us.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Same problem for me!!! Delete my Account please!!!

Suggested posts