Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting your account

Deleting your account

Hi everyone!

So some of you will be visiting these forums looking to delete your account. 

First, is there something we can help with? If you're just having trouble with your account, I'd having a quick search on these forums first. Odds are the solution is here and we're happy to help.

If not, you can check out these steps!

Thanks.

1,093 Replies

No, and there is the issue. I really can't remember the password, which you need (ofcourse) to change the emailadress etc.

Okay, I'm not sure what the next step should be.

I'm going to escalate this to the forum staff directly for you, hopefully someone will know what to do 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you!

I'm not sure I understand the issue here JanusNL.

The account registered for the email address you're posting with isn't linked to any FB account. And if you're not using that email address, could you not just sign up with another (and your own FB?)

Sorry if I'm missing something here.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

That WAS indeed the issue, when I wanted to create a new account. The site said that there already was an account linked to my current email adress.

But the information is correct at the moment, my email adress and such. (it now is telling me that I can only edit my information through Facebook)

But now I have another problem, when I start up spotify. I log in and it says it is going to send me an sms with the code to login. I can login, but then after 5 seconds it automatically logs out again...

Please help me! 🙂

Hi JanusNL1 - It sounds like you need to adjust your Facebook securitiy settings.

Do you currently receive a text message with a confirmation code to log into FB? If so this settings needs to be disabled. 

Everything is good now!

Thanks to the people who helped me 🙂

Hi, I have used the contact form to request the deletion of my account. 

I had an email dialogue with Steve from Spotify Customer Service in Cambridge. I went through the security checks, and was assured my account had been deleted, but I kept on receiving email notifications from Spotify.

I contacted support again and asked them to please delete my account. I was then advised by Meredith that my account had been deleted.

I still kept receiving email notifications, so I sent another email asking for my account to be deleted. It has been two weeks.

I have also reported this to the Australian Communications and Media Authority as it violates the Spam Act 2003, I have also made a complaint to the Australian Information Commisioner.

I would suggest Spotify reevaluates how it allows users to delete accounts, most other online services that are the size of Spotify have a 'feature' where a user can click a button and delete their account. Oh yes, and please delete my account when you get the chance.

Hi, 

Just an update. Robbie from Cambridgshire emailed to tell me he is was sorry the last two people that emailed me to tell me that they had deleted my account and that he has now deleted my account. 

Unfortunately he hasn't. Still receiving emails from Spotify. Account still not deleted. I thought I would start keeping a tally.

1. On 12/11/2012, Steve from Spotify Customer Service in Cambridge said 'I have now deleted your account as requested'.

2. On 19/11/2012, Meredith from Spotify Customer Service in Cambridge said 'So I can confirm that your account linked to the email has now been deleted.'

3. On 25/11/2012, Robbie from Spotify Customer Service in Cambridge said 'I have deleted the account as requested.'

Robbie actually had the gall to suggest that the account was never deleted because I didn't reply to the security request. I had originally answered the security request from Steve, and Steve had since replied to advise my account had been deleted. I forwarded the relevant emails to Robbie. Obviously Spotify seems to have a fairly chaotic customer service tracking system, as I have been using the original support reference number in every email. It makes you wonder what kind of chaotic system they might have to manage your secure personal data. They obviously don't seem to know where my data is, as they have been very unsuccesful in deleting my account, at least they have stopped charging my credit card.

Please delete me.

deleteME1 (They did seem to manage to delete my previous community account deleteME)

deleteME1 - the account you're currently posting with was created only yesterday. It seems that you've managed to create a new account after the old one was deleted, from what I can determine. We can of course delete the newly created account for you too, if needed. Or, just reply directly to our customer support emails.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I ordered a new credit cart from my bank. Then i changed my mail address in Facebook to my "spam mail" account on Hotmail. 

They cant charge me now and all the spotifyspam will end up in my hotmailaccount i check twice a year. 

To bad spotify doesnt offer the ability to delete account from within the appplication or on their web site. That sucks.

Bye bye, to never see or hear you again.

I want my account deleated and all of my personal details removed from your application. My contacts are receiving spam from this application. I have tried the 'contact' section which is sending me around in circles, I have replied to the email, but still no help. In order to post this here I have been held to ransom to tick the 'I agree' to your terms - I don't agree but have no option in orde to post this. Under the Data protection act, I want all of my personal details removed, my account shut down and no further spam/unautherised posts/emails/contact to be made 'on my behlf' when I do not give you permission to do so. If you do not do this I will persue this matter through the legal system. 

Timtimtimtim - You can cancel from your subscription pages here, there's no need to order a new card. I've also made sure you don't receive anymore spam, just in case you do want to give us another try.

Angry - I've just replied to your email, keep an eye on your inbox.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi again.I had to create a new account to be able to answer. You dont get my problem at all.

I wanted to manage my subscription to remove my account because i have deleted my Facebook account. You are telling me to go to a link to manage my account. When trying to login with my credentials it says: "Using Facebook?
It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page at facebook.com."

I have deleted my FB-account and do not want to re enable it again. 

Why dont you guys add a simple bytton like in Facebook to simply click to remove a account?

How do I remove my Spotify account that is linked to my Facebook account without enable my Facebook account?

Please answer me.

Regards Tim

Hi Tim - Anyone can fill out our contact form without signing into a Spotify account. Of course, If you've got an account, signing in makes the process that much easier. 

Just select 'Would you like to contact us before creating a Spotify account?' from this link here

Hi,

I've contacted you trough your contact form about deleting my account and got a reply of your customer service.

My playlists are deleted now -as is my people list - but why is my profle still active? I can still log in and use Spotify!

I've now added 'del' at the end of my email address, so will that take care of my profile now?

I'm going to use Spotify Premium with a different username and email, so I'd really like it if there's not just some ghost account still around! Could you let me know what's going on and take care of the deleting?

Thanks in advance!

@Moonriver wrote:

Hi,

I've contacted you trough your contact form about deleting my account and got a reply of your customer service.

My playlists are deleted now -as is my people list - but why is my profle still active? I can still log in and use Spotify!

I've now added 'del' at the end of my email address, so will that take care of my profile now?

I'm going to use Spotify Premium with a different username and email, so I'd really like it if there's not just some ghost account still around! Could you let me know what's going on and take care of the deleting?

Thanks in advance!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If your account that you had deleted was created using Facebook, then it most likely was deleted. However, using those details to log into Spotify to check will automatically recreate the account as far as I am aware.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

delete mine pls, i aleady got one, so i dont need this one

Meredith wrote:

Ready to delete your account? Just hop over to our our contact form

Please note! Some of you may receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community.

Don't fret. If you reply directly to that email your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

Hi Peter - thanks for your reply. My account wasn't created using FB. Do you mean that it was activated again when I started up Spotify to check if it was gone? I hope that's not the case, I kind of want it to completely gone. Now only my playlists and people were deleted, I assume the entire profile can be deleted, no?  Could it be deactivated completely? Thanks!

Suggested posts