Deleting your account

Highlighted

Re: Deleting your account

Regular

No, and there is the issue. I really can't remember the password, which you need (ofcourse) to change the emailadress etc.

Highlighted

Community Legend

Okay, I'm not sure what the next step should be.

I'm going to escalate this to the forum staff directly for you, hopefully someone will know what to do 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Highlighted

Regular

Thank you!

Highlighted

Roadie

I'm not sure I understand the issue here JanusNL.

The account registered for the email address you're posting with isn't linked to any FB account. And if you're not using that email address, could you not just sign up with another (and your own FB?)

Sorry if I'm missing something here.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Highlighted

Casual Listener

That WAS indeed the issue, when I wanted to create a new account. The site said that there already was an account linked to my current email adress.

But the information is correct at the moment, my email adress and such. (it now is telling me that I can only edit my information through Facebook)

But now I have another problem, when I start up spotify. I log in and it says it is going to send me an sms with the code to login. I can login, but then after 5 seconds it automatically logs out again...

Please help me! 🙂

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi JanusNL1 - It sounds like you need to adjust your Facebook securitiy settings.

Do you currently receive a text message with a confirmation code to log into FB? If so this settings needs to be disabled. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Everything is good now!

Thanks to the people who helped me 🙂

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi, I have used the contact form to request the deletion of my account. 

I had an email dialogue with Steve from Spotify Customer Service in Cambridge. I went through the security checks, and was assured my account had been deleted, but I kept on receiving email notifications from Spotify.

I contacted support again and asked them to please delete my account. I was then advised by Meredith that my account had been deleted.

I still kept receiving email notifications, so I sent another email asking for my account to be deleted. It has been two weeks.

I have also reported this to the Australian Communications and Media Authority as it violates the Spam Act 2003, I have also made a complaint to the Australian Information Commisioner.

I would suggest Spotify reevaluates how it allows users to delete accounts, most other online services that are the size of Spotify have a 'feature' where a user can click a button and delete their account. Oh yes, and please delete my account when you get the chance.

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi, 

Just an update. Robbie from Cambridgshire emailed to tell me he is was sorry the last two people that emailed me to tell me that they had deleted my account and that he has now deleted my account. 

Unfortunately he hasn't. Still receiving emails from Spotify. Account still not deleted. I thought I would start keeping a tally.

1. On 12/11/2012, Steve from Spotify Customer Service in Cambridge said 'I have now deleted your account as requested'.

2. On 19/11/2012, Meredith from Spotify Customer Service in Cambridge said 'So I can confirm that your account linked to the email has now been deleted.'

3. On 25/11/2012, Robbie from Spotify Customer Service in Cambridge said 'I have deleted the account as requested.'

Robbie actually had the gall to suggest that the account was never deleted because I didn't reply to the security request. I had originally answered the security request from Steve, and Steve had since replied to advise my account had been deleted. I forwarded the relevant emails to Robbie. Obviously Spotify seems to have a fairly chaotic customer service tracking system, as I have been using the original support reference number in every email. It makes you wonder what kind of chaotic system they might have to manage your secure personal data. They obviously don't seem to know where my data is, as they have been very unsuccesful in deleting my account, at least they have stopped charging my credit card.

Please delete me.

deleteME1 (They did seem to manage to delete my previous community account deleteME)

Highlighted

Roadie

deleteME1 - the account you're currently posting with was created only yesterday. It seems that you've managed to create a new account after the old one was deleted, from what I can determine. We can of course delete the newly created account for you too, if needed. Or, just reply directly to our customer support emails.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
SUGGESTED POSTS