Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting your account

Deleting your account

Hi everyone!

So some of you will be visiting these forums looking to delete your account. 

First, is there something we can help with? If you're just having trouble with your account, I'd having a quick search on these forums first. Odds are the solution is here and we're happy to help.

If not, you can check out these steps!

Thanks.

1,093 Replies

I contacted you 1-2 month ago to close my account (created with facebook). 

A friend sent you emails for 1 year. But NO response. Is there another way to close this account than the option to bring you to court?

So, now, I want to close my account.

And Why can't you just put an option in the preference? It's just to keep the user stucked? Or just to piss off the people who don't like your attitude and want to close their account?. 

Thank in advance for you collaboration.

Hi JoCourt - You would have received an automated email directing you back to the Community. 

Please reply directing back to that message. One of our agents can then give you a hand. 

I have had the same issue. Spotify Case # 00406374. Please delete my account ASAP!

Mooorning!!

My account was created in United Kingdom at least 3 years ago. I did move back to Spain last year and since then I am not able to access to my account. I did try to change my location but you are asking me for a payment. I even uploaded it again.

My friends here uses Spotify to listen music without payments involved. Your information about how resolve this problem is weak, I mean useless as I have tried to activate it several times.

Please do not send me another email with the same steps to follow, as I did it already and tell me how to do it. As I can see some people did already complain about your answer to resolve problems or cancel accounts.

Thanks for your time,

Sonia Jiménez

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Looks like it has been resolved now!!Thanks!!

I would like account deleted immediately. My emails are not getting responded to. Please check my case # 00444307 and fully delete this account!!!

Hi Hnotaro4 - Our goal is to respond to everyone with in 24 hours. I can see you've already been in touch with one of our agents after filling out the form this morning. 

We can keep helping via that email thread. 

How about my account? I filled out the contact form around Nov. 28 and the only response I have received thus far is an automated thank you email. Please help me close my account. The case number is 00406374.

@meahtenoha wrote:

Hi JoCourt - You would have received an automated email directing you back to the Community. 

Please reply directing back to that message. One of our agents can then give you a hand. 

Hi

Ive tried to delete my account for many months now, i have two, and the wrong account is linked to my facebook. I need to delete this so i can buy premium for my other account 🙂

Can you please delete this? ive also tried to write .del after my mail at personal settings, but its still active. I have also send you 2-3 messeges by the formular. its seems to be impossible to get this account deleted!

Best regards

Pham87 - We should be able to sort this. If you could just reply to the confirmation email we send through, your case will come through to the team.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Dear Moderators Meredith and Sam, why have you answered everyone's posts except mine? This will be my third post in as many days and you have responded to nearly every post in this thread except mine. Please help me.

Hi jbiggs87 - I posted beneath your comment just yesterday. I was quoting advice we gave earlier in the thread--just apply to that automated email. 

Your case will reach one of our agents who can then help remove your account. 

Yeah I answer to one of these email. 

Do you really mean to respond to the email send by "Community Mailler" with address "noreply-support@spotify.com" ? It's a bit strange.

I tried to fill out the contact form about 5 times and each time I get an error saying the data could not go through. It has been the most frustrating process. Please delete my account.

Hi kmk123 - Sorry to hear you had a bit of trouble with the contact form

Please give that another go using a different internet browser. If you're still having trouble give me a shout. 

Im in the same boat. I deleated my account last month and I was still **bleep**ing charged the 9.99 on a bank account that I was closing. I'm seriously pissed and want my money back. Now I'm having to deal with the hastels of the bank as well as trying to make sure that my spotify account is canceled.

The only reason I was canceling was because I can't afford it every month due to unemployment. Before this bull **bleep** I was seriously considering coming back once I got a job again but now forget it. I'll stick with Pandora.

Nobody has ever been able to close his Spotify account. Spotify just force people to keep their account. Which is illegal by the way.

Why just don't you put a button "close my account". I'm sure it because there is a dishonest reason behind. 

And reply to the email..... is doesn't work. I WANT TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT, no int 2020, but before mid-january. It's not a request, it's an order. You are more dishonest than every services I know, even Facebook is more honest, even givemeyourcreditcardnumber.towinonemillion.com is more honest....

We'd never force anyone to keep their account open. Anyone who gets in touch through our contact form asking for their account to be closed, and provides the confirmation information we ask for, will get their account closed asap.

When did you last hear from us about this? If you've got any case reference numbers we can look up just let us know and we'll chase things up. This isn't to say we'll bump you to the top of the queue, but we'll check to make sure your case is still in the system at least.

Thanks guys.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

You don't force?

There is no button "Close my account", there is no help to close an account, there is no special section in the contact form to close an account.

That's clearly a way to discourage people to close their account. So, you force the people to keep their account.

It takes 10 minutes to add a button to automatically close an account.... So, Spotify is just totally dishonest.

I want to permanently delete my account and will i be charged for using my 48 hours trial?

Suggested posts