Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Deleting your account

Deleting your account

Hi everyone!

So some of you will be visiting these forums looking to delete your account. 

First, is there something we can help with? If you're just having trouble with your account, I'd having a quick search on these forums first. Odds are the solution is here and we're happy to help.

If not, you can check out these steps!

Thanks.

1,093 Replies

hipst3rs - I've just moved your post to this thread. Everything need to know is in the first post by Sam. 

And you won't be charged for your 48 hour trial. You don't enter any payment details to get started on the 48 hour trial. 

Also, in the future please avoid double posting. It just prevent us from helping as many users as possible. 

So I reply 2 times to the "no replay email", I fill two times the form. And nothing happens. (in 3 months)

So Spotify just doesn't care and just doesn't want to let the user to remove their account. Nobody has even been able to delete their account (the only people could be the one that have a lawyer). Yeah, if by the 20 january, my account still exist, I will have no other choice. I'm tired to lose my time with some **bleep** that just care about money and look and the customer like if they were some stupids people. Company like this would have no hesitation to burn millions of people to make more money.

That's my last warning.

Hey everyone. I would like to take ALL my facebook friends off of my profile. But I love spotify and have spent alot of time on my playlists. I would love to be able to disconnect it from Facebook....or be able to delete my Spotify account and start another and somehow transfer my playlists. Does anyone have any suggestions?

@JoCourt wrote:

So I reply 2 times to the "no replay email", I fill two times the form. And nothing happens. (in 3 months)

So Spotify just doesn't care and just doesn't want to let the user to remove their account. Nobody has even been able to delete their account (the only people could be the one that have a lawyer). Yeah, if by the 20 january, my account still exist, I will have no other choice. I'm tired to lose my time with some **bleep** that just care about money and look and the customer like if they were some stupids people. Company like this would have no hesitation to burn millions of people to make more money.

That's my last warning.

I'll follow this up and make sure it gets dealt with. I assure you that it's not company policy to burn people!

htw1234567890 - your account was created via Facebook so can't be disconnected at this time.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

delete my account asap please!!

Hannahstacey - Just contact us via the contact form Meredith mentions on the first page of this thread.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hi,
During the last month, I have had problems with my Spotify account. My account went from a Premiun account to a Basic account, BUT I am still paying 49 SEK/month. When I log in, it states that it is Basic and therefore I can't remove the authorization of automatical payment. How should i do? I want to delete the account. Please, could someone help me with some advice? It would be greatful!

@user-removed wrote:

Hi,
During the last month, I have had problems with my Spotify account. My account went from a Premiun account to a Basic account, BUT I am still paying 49 SEK/month. When I log in, it states that it is Basic and therefore I can't remove the authorization of automatical payment. How should i do? I want to delete the account. Please, could someone help me with some advice? It would be greatful!

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

If you are logging into an account that says you are on Spotify free, then that is not the account you are being billed on, you must have a duplicate account in the system. Are you sure you are logging in using the correct details?

You should get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form (no login required) and they will be able to track down your account that you are paying for using your billing information. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

I tried to send some e-mails to delete my account and I have added '.del' to my account. I don't know if the '.del' should help, but as a response to my e-mail, I only get an automatic answer. I would really like some help with deleting my account. 

Thanks 

@Meridith wrote:

Please note! Some of you may receive an auto-response directing you back to the Community.

Don't fret. If you reply directly to that email your message will reach one of our friendly agents.

Peter

Peter

Yeah I replied to that message, but I don't get an answer... 

Strange, how long ago did you reply? 

Peter

Peter

Today, and maybe I should wait a little longer for a reply, but what my actual problem is, is that I want to unlink my spotify account my facebook spotify account. Because now I have two different accounts, but because they're linked to the same facebook account, I can only get to the music on my new spotify account and I just want to seperate the two accounts. Do you know how to do that?

You will the help of the customer services team for that, since you have replied to the automated message, someone will get back in touch with you as soon as possible, normally within 48 hours. 

You can unlink the accounts yourself by logging into your spotify account in the desktop client and going to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook. However, if it is your Facebook account you are wishing to use, your account will have most likely been lost when you connected your two accounts (logins are merged) so you will need staff help to restore your playlists and subscription if you had one. 

Peter

Peter

Ah okey, I will wait for that. Yeah I know that it should work that way to unlink your account, but in some way, my desktop spotify does not have the option Preferences and I really don't know how I could solve that. And it is indeed my facebook account I want to use, and it seems indeed that my logins are merged, but I do not hope that my facebook account has been lost because it seems like a lot of work to restore all that...

Delete this account pls.

I dont know if my account is legit so i better delete it, before i do something what is illegal.

I just won this acc and im afraid this is not legal, and i dont know if the person i got this acc from paied properbly for Premium.

Hi urealmad - Please fill out our contact form. From there we can get more details about your account and go from there. 

I did, but im not sure if the mail came through, cause i had to change the email of this acc, had no access to the one before, was a swedish one wich i dont know.

but i changed her after i send the message and now i dont know if you recived my mail.

well to this i dont have much informations, you can check it im not the creator of this account.

it also says im from sweden wich is not true, im from germany but i cant change the country...

i just wanted to report this, and i really dont want to act against Spotify AGB or do something illegal, thats why i want to report this fast.

Yep, I can confirm your case has reached us. 

We work hard to respond with in 24 hours. Just keep an eye on your inbox for us. 

And what should i do now?

I guess i should no use it or log in i guess?

Feel free to delte this account if this wasnt legit.

Should i expect any consequences only cause i logged into this account?

NOte: Im no the creator of this spotify acc, and i dont have any realtions with telia (im from germany)

Suggested posts