Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop Account Overridden by Mobile Account?

Desktop Account Overridden by Mobile Account?

Ok, so I'm going to try and word this the best I can without being too confusing. Basically, I had one account on my computer(the one I use most often) and I apparently had a different one on my phone. Both have different playlists / libraries / starred, etc. And basically, one day on my phone, I decided to sync it to Facebook(The computer one is already synced to facebook). And apparently what happened, is that the account on my mobile, completely disappeared. And now if I use my Facebook credentials to log in on my computer, it goes to my mobile account, which name is "Kingmonkie" with no picture which my other one just had my name, with my facebook picture. And on my computer, it had no playlists or anything from my other account. And if that isn't weird enough, when I went to try and change my account info, I use the same information as my facebook, and it said the password was incorrect. Yet whenever I sign in to spotify with the same information, it immediately logs in. Oh, and on my account info it has a different email than my facebook one. I hope I didn't word this too confusing, and I would appreciate any help. If possible, I'd just like to delete my mobile account. THanks!

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed ! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like when you connected your mobile account to Facebook you overwrote the login already attached to your Facebook details which you where using to log into the desktop client. As a result your Facebook created account will be unaccessible in the Spotify system, but thankfully it will still be in there somewhere!

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to restore your old account and playlists for you, and close any other accounts you no longer need.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts