Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Playlists] Spotify Sort options

Solved!

[Desktop][Playlists] Spotify Sort options

When sorting the songs in a list, like...say..."Liked Songs" it would be wonderful if the sort I see in the desktop app would match the order that the songs are playing in.  For example "Use Me" is followed by "The Upside" in the list, but when playing I jump from "use me" to "Up Down"

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @EricJDOR,

Thanks for pointing that out - I've now replaced the link with the correct one.

Glad to hear that the clean reinstall worked for you too! 

We'll go ahead and move this thread to the help boards, since other users with a similar issue might find the solution useful.

If you ever experience any issues at all, feel free to open a thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks! Stay awesome.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Updated on 2019-11-08

Hey @EricJDOR 

Do you mean that the word "The" is taken into account when sorting?

There's a similar Idea here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Discover-Alphabetical-sorting-ignore-quot-The-quot-in-ar...

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

As Pictures are worth 1000 words, I have an example of the sorting issue below, and it's not just "The".

Liked songs listing.JPG

In the Y's you can see that I should go from "YUME" to "Youth of the Nation, but in the Play list queue...

play queue.JPG

I go from "Yume" to "You want more"  it's as if the spaces are being ignored in the title (youwantmore would come before youthofthenation)  It would just be nice to get both sorts to use the same filtering / sort order.  I use it here to catch duplicate songs (i.e. Songs from different albums but the same master recording).

Hey @EricJDOR,

Thanks for getting back to us with that info. 

We tried testing this on our end using the same songs you mentioned. We were initially able to reproduce this behaviour, but we were able to fix it after a clean reinstall.

Do you mind trying a quick clean reinstall of the app on your device to see if that fixes things?

If it doesn't, we suspect it might be an issue with either your account or your device. In order to find out which one it is, could you please try the following:

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you need further help with this.

Good Morning,
The Clean Reinstall fixed the issue.  Just as a note, the link in your message comes back with a "Can't find the page / No DNS entry" error.  I was able to go back to the search page and put in "how do I perform a clean reinstall" and got to the information.
Marked as solution

Hey @EricJDOR,

Thanks for pointing that out - I've now replaced the link with the correct one.

Glad to hear that the clean reinstall worked for you too! 

We'll go ahead and move this thread to the help boards, since other users with a similar issue might find the solution useful.

If you ever experience any issues at all, feel free to open a thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks! Stay awesome.

Suggested posts