Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Why is my profile red?

[Desktop] Why is my profile red?

Plan

Family Premium

Country
Italy

It's not really an issue, but I can't get my head over this thing. Why is my profile red? I asked a friend of mine if he sees it like I do, and he does. While every other profile I searched they're always grey. 

This is how it looks like:

I censored even if it wasn't really needed I knowI censored even if it wasn't really needed I know

4 Replies

Hey @Dokujuju98, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you let me know your profile name so I can check on my end (if you would like)? Also, you can try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps and let me know if that makes a difference. 

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@Billy-J my profile name is the same as my account in the community: Dokujuju98, tell me if you see it red too! thank you. I will try to reinstall the app eventually

Hey @Dokujuju98

I just checked on my end and it doesn't appear to have a red background on my end. Try the clean reinstall of the app whenever you're able to and let me know if that makes a difference. 

Looking out for your reply! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @Dokujuju98,

Just jumping in here, Spotify uses a technique that some would refer to as 'Colour picking' that creates a coloured background automatically using an algorithm. In your case, it's chosen the red from your profile picture! ☺️ It doesn't always do it but it's pretty cool when it does, I personally have it on some of my playlists and also my profile in app!

A lot of playlists and accounts have similar, the algorithm looks at the colours of album art or a profile picture and then chooses one or creates a closest match and then uses this to create a pretty cool background. For example, see this playlist below. 

Screenshot 2021-04-11 at 22.48.27.png

If you are interested a little bit more there is a UK Broadcaster known as ITV where you can see some other examples of this cool technology in use - check this video out. 

Any other questions, feel free to shout! 

Suggested posts