Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device Password unchangeable

Solved!

Device Password unchangeable

Dear Community, Dear Spotify Team,

I'm a little annoyed and let me tell you why. It's about 3-4 Weeks now that I directly contacted the support team because I can't change my device password.Until now I got no reply. Not that fast but ok. Afterwards (2 weeks ago) I opened a topic here. The post was 20min online got deactivated and is now completely deleted. I got no answer from Spotify just a simple delete by a moderator idk? A delete without a comment or answer, nice. The post was of course a little offensive but not contained rude speech or violated any forum rules.

Back on the topic. So for some strange reason my device password got compromised and thats the reason I need help. Maybe my fault maybe Spotifys fault, idk both things are possible, but however I don't really care about the how. However, it has to be said again now, if I have to judge, I would as a it technician and developer say that the password got somehow bruteforced against a Spotify service, that's the only option I see because except this credentials none of my other accounts were affected.

Finally, I just want to change my password NOW. After four weeks with a compromised account I can't accept the situation anymore. As a side note, the error I receive is not the typical error where the password is changed with an error and the new password works. In my case I can't even change it. I always get the following error (in German):

"Leider war deine E-Mail-Adresse nicht verfügbar. Bitte melde dich ab und wieder an und versuche es erneut. Sollte das Problem bestehen, kontaktiere bitte den Kundendienst."

No matter what browser and system I can't bypass the error. I did what the message suggests I tried to contact the support but it won't help me...? I know that this post is again offensive but you have to accept my opinion in the way I laid it down. I will again make a screenshot of the post in case it will be deleted so don't fool me again.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Finally, I got help over the German Spotify Facebook Help Site https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyHilft 

Thanks for helping me.

The solution for the error is really simple. Only access the device password form via the following URL https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/

This should solve the problem. The default redirected URL for my country code (AT) dit not work and the form always outputs an error message. So it seems that something with the country codes is messed up. So take the link from above to change your device password and it should work (it did for me). Hope this helps someone in the future. Hovever, I hope that the problem gets fixed soon and I also got the confirmation that it will be delegated to the corresponding developer team. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Same issue here. I cannot even get a device password in the first place. I'm logging into spotify with my Facebook account, and therefore need a device password. I tried to change my e-mail, but apparently that's only possible in my Facebook settings, well, tried that, didn't work. 

-- removed --

Marked as solution

Finally, I got help over the German Spotify Facebook Help Site https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyHilft 

Thanks for helping me.

The solution for the error is really simple. Only access the device password form via the following URL https://www.spotify.com/us/account/set-device-password/

This should solve the problem. The default redirected URL for my country code (AT) dit not work and the form always outputs an error message. So it seems that something with the country codes is messed up. So take the link from above to change your device password and it should work (it did for me). Hope this helps someone in the future. Hovever, I hope that the problem gets fixed soon and I also got the confirmation that it will be delegated to the corresponding developer team. 

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.

I used the link given in this post but this disn't solve my problem at all.

When I enter a new password, I get this error message : "This **bleep** should not be blank. This **bleep** should not be blank. ", nothing more.

I tried several times without success.

I must change my password as I have the strong suspicion that my account has been hacked and I am having a lot of troubles with randomly music appearing and preventing me to listen to my own.

Lionel

Suggested posts