Device interruption safeguard

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I have a smart speaker at home connected to my spotify and sometimes people at home will use it while I'm listening and kick me off. 

Would it be possible to specify one device as a primary device which cannot be interrupted? Or at least some indication you are interrupting another device. I like having spotify on both and my roommates have no way of knowing when I'm listening so they cantc avoid it either.

4 Replies

Hey @moke93, welcome to the Community!

If they're connecting to the speaker itself, there's not much than can be done. If they're using your account to interrupt your music, tell them to create their own account here.

Hope that helps ๐Ÿ™‚

I realise there is nothing to be done. That is the whole reason I posted here. Is this not a feature suggestion area?

Do you mean your roommates are using the speaker? Or your account?

If it's the speaker, then it doesn't really have anything to do with Spotify.

However, if it's your Spotify account you're sharing they should be seeing some kind of "message" usually on the bottom - close to the player there should be a green highlighted speaker showing you where the account is playing to. I believe that even if you start a stream nonetheless, they would still get a message basically like "playing on <device> do you want to stop playback".
I used to have this with my girlfriend. So, just made a new account.

initially, your account is "private" and *should* only be used by one person (practically, that doesn't happen a lot obviously :)) but that's just how it's built.

Hey @moke93.

To submit this idea, you can post it here.

You can find all the info on how the Ideas board works on this post.

All the best.

โ€œMusic acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.โ€
โ€• Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts