Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Did not get student discount this past month

Solved!

Did not get student discount this past month

I'm not sure on who to speak with but this past month I was charged the full $9.99 for premium when I've been getting the student discount for the last few months. I'm still currently enrolled as a student so I'm not sure why I was charged full price. How can I resolve this? 

EDIT: I found out that student discounts expire after a year and need to be renewed. I failed to read the email they sent warning be about the expiring date and got charged the full price. Just a heads up for anyone else who's using the student discount. You need to follow the instructions and hit the 'extend discount' button in the email they send a few days before it expires. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you were overcharged. As you have correctly found out the student discount does expire after a year, but thanks for editing your post for future users.

I don't know how generous the folks at Spotify are feeling at the moment, but if you submit an online contact form; along with some information proving your renewed student discount card etc, they may be able to refund you the difference.
Once you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

~T

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you were overcharged. As you have correctly found out the student discount does expire after a year, but thanks for editing your post for future users.

I don't know how generous the folks at Spotify are feeling at the moment, but if you submit an online contact form; along with some information proving your renewed student discount card etc, they may be able to refund you the difference.
Once you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

~T

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Suggested posts