Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different usernames

Different usernames

After Spotify support had to delete my account and then activate it,my username is different. I now how to username. How can I change it to the username I’m using here. And why can’t you delete your own account? Security reasons or something? Thanks.
8 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

thanks for posting !

Does your username prejects numbers and letters ?

If so, please check out this help page.

In addition, you can read this help page regarding the steps needed on closing an account.

Let me know how it goes 😃

Yes. It does. How should I proceed?

Hey there @user-removed,

I've added two help pages regarding the issue you're having.

check them out and let me know how it goes 😃

I’ll do that. Thanks. But support said it was impossible. I could still have my email to log in and such. My I had change my username. But as I said I have two.

Well from my understanding the one issue was regarding a Facebook account,because it’s easy to hack. And the other page didn’t help me a lot. From my understanding it says you can delete your account only I you have a free account,and activate an account again. With Spotify premium you have to cancel first,then delete your account. Why didn’t support say that to me, I just want my usernames to be the same on both my profile and here. Support said I could as I said my email,but I had to change my username. My username is almost the same as before,so that’s okay. But I wanna delete that long strip.... in a easy way

I meant Facebook account is easy to hack. I don’t use that to log in.

After my account was deleted and then activated again by Spotify chat support I now have two usernames. Can I change my username here in the forum and we’ll it then be same in my profile then? Thanks. I’ll talk to support.

According to Spotify support,which is a nightmare to chat with you can’t do the tips you gave me. You could a few years ago. But according to support you’ll get a new system generated username consisting of a long strip of letters and numbers because of security issues. So I’ll just have to let it e a guess. But the support chat is joke if you ask me. They don’t know what Spotify Connect is,not what API is and so on. Not that  im either am entirely sure what it is. But I do belive it’s a protocol of sort.

Suggested posts