Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Different usernames.

Different usernames.

Norwayipad Air iPhone 5s Premium None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

After Spotify support deleted my account due to problems with my Bluesound NODE2i streamer and dac,because the music simply paused,stopped and disconnect from Spotify Connect to my iPad speakers. I was told by support that you can’t delete your account by your self ,but apparently you can. Any way my main problem seems to be solved! I have had Spotify premium from 2015 , and I have had no problems of this magnitude before,so I hope it stays this way.So if any other users out there who have the same problems that I had,I would delete my account and then start from scratch. But be aware of you need to have your playlist under control somewhere. Because it all disappeares! And you need to change your username. But you could use your old email though to make a new account. But I’m no expert on how to retrieve your playlist from your old to new account,so you’ll have to ask other experts here. But I also heard you can use old username also from your old account when you make a new account also! Support said nothing of this to me. Can someone please tell if I can have my old username back? Because now I have two usernames. One is a system generated long strip of numbers and letters. The latter is my profile at Spotify.com. And it is also in my app also under subscription. This is annoying! When it comes to my saved playlist,well that I can live with. Thanks.

1 Reply

Can anybody tell me how I can delete that long strip of letters and numbers which is now my username after my account was deleted and then activated again? Support said it was a system generated username that everybody gets if they delete their account. It’s stupid if you ask me. Can anybody in here explain to why it has to like this. I do think there’s a lot of rumors in here regarding deleting your account,in which you can use your old username and you can retrieve your playlist and such. Thanks. 

Suggested posts