Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disable Spotify Social

Disable Spotify Social

Being logged in to my Spotifyaccount during a party a friend of mine by mistake attached her Spotify Social account (?) to my Spotify account. How to undo this? Before I didn't use Spotify Social at all.

10 Replies

A friend of mine recently logged into his Spotify on my mac. Every time I now log in I am logged in as him, even though he has a different user name and password. I have his profile picture in the corner and whenever I'm trying to use spotify and he is, it cuts out.

Any ideas how I can stop this?

I've checked my account deatils, it's all still set up in my name, with my e-mail address etc. I changed my password too but that hasn't helped. I still come up as him even though I'm logged in as me!

!!!

Do you mean Facebook? To disconnect your friend's Facebook account, go to Preferences and find the "Disconnect from Facebook" button. Press it.

Spotify Social is simply the people list and what they're listening to. To stop posting your music there, uncheck "Share my activity on Spotify Social". Then hide the list by unchecking View -> People List.

Hi westwinkle- I've just moved your post to this similar thread. 

Please follow Stupify's suggestion and go to your Preferences page (Edit > Preferences in Windows or Spotify > Preferences in Mac). From there you can disconnect your friend's Facebook from your 'westwinkle' account. 

Thank you for your reply.

To be honest I'm not sure whether its her FB-account or not, but it say her name in the top right corner. Either way, I've looked through the preferences and the only relevant options I can find is the headline "Social Network" where the only existing alternative is "Connect to Facebook..." and "Share my activity on Spotify Social", which is already unchecked. It says all my playlists are created by her when I share them 😛

edit: I can also add that my problem is indeed probably identical to westwinkles with the account details information being all mine, but her profile picture and name in the top right.

*Bump*

I do pay a monthly sum of money to Spotify and expect far better techinical service than this. There must be a easy solution for such a non-complicated issue.

It really does look like that you are connected to Facebook. If you aren't, you should only see your username on the top right corner and no FB profile picture.

Is it possible to disconnect from Facebook here on the Spotify website? I have never connected to Facebook because I don't want to so I don't know everything about this.

Zaijaj - Are you logging into your Spotify with the username 'zaijaj' and your Spotify password?

It sounds like your friend may have created an account through Facebook, while on your computer. It may be that you have 'Remember me' checked on the login page, so you're consistently entering that account.

If you could log out, then log in with that 'zaijaj' username, you should access the right account. Your 'zaijaj' account isn't connected to Facebook, so there shouldn't be a picture.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hello,

None of these solutions work.

I signed up for spotify, paid you guys $10/month to get into the beta, since then I decided to tie in facebook, just to see how it was, and thinking I could remove it later.

Well, due to several reasons, I have de-activated facebook. Now spotify keeps telling me with a distracting red banner "failed to enable spotify social".

How can I remove this facebook tie in?

Info that may help....

I log in with my spotify user and pass

The upper right says my facebook name, and shows the profile picture I had.

Share my activitiy is unchecked.

Currently Scrobbling to last.fm

Social Network setting has a "connect to Facebook" button

I'm not mad and I love spotify to death...but this is super annoying. I just finally decided that that red bar was annoying enough to get it taken care of.

Thanks 

Hi lytrix - You're experiencing a bit of a different issue here. 

Please check out this post regarding the 'Failed to Enable Spotify Social' message. You should be able to sort this out following those steps--no need to permanently link your 'iytrix' account to Facebook. 

Hi,

I had similiar kind of 'problems' today, fortunately I somehow got it fixed. These 'problems' started after I managed to get started using spotify social with facebook , and ofcourse I wanted to get rid of it later.

First I took every check marks off from 'remind me', 'spotify social', sharing etc. boxes in spotify preferences and from log-in menu. Also you have to remember to log in your Facebook account and make sure you have no spotify application turned on or whatsoever.

These steps actually help and you need to do them.

After those and many log outs and log ins, hide that 'People List' from dropdown menu 'View' (suprised, right?) and by the way make sure you relog after every step. Then you need to click that 'People' thingy on left menu bar. Now you should see your Facebook-friends profile pictures as I did. Right-click one of them to 'Add' her/him to your people-list-or-what-ever-called AND yes if you have already other persons added there just remove others and leave one of them in the list. (remember to relog)

At this point I had only one person on the 'People' list. Relog. Now remove her/him from the list and relog. Now you should have 'Get started' button on 'People' menu and no more facebook friend's profiles jumping on 'People List'.

Hope this helped you as much it helped me 🙂

Ps. I'm using Spotify Linux preview

Suggested posts