Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disappearing music

Solved!

Disappearing music

Hello. Premium member here. Currently registered with Canada address, used to be singapore. I’ve been making playlists painstakingly for over five years. Now I notice quite extensively that entire music is disappearing from Spotify. For example Malia’s album Convergence. In fact this artist only has four albums on Spotify now while she has released over 10 in her career. 

My point — if music is now not available why is it automatically deleted from my playlists? This is highly disconcerting. At least show it in Grey or something. Otherwise the entire stickiness with an app and its ecosystem is pointless. 

Alternatively please let let me know what we need to do to NOT make music we have assembled over the years randomly vanish. Apart from the library limit this getting more and more inane.

Thank you for any pointers.  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Nearlynubile, the option is at Playback → Third Setting

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there,

There's a setting that will allow unavailable songs to still appear on your playlists:

• Mobile Device: Settings → Show unplayable songs
  • Desktop: Display Options → Show unavailable songs in playlists 

Hope this helps! 🙂

Where is that 'Display Options' setting? Inside my Settings in the app, on latest iOS app with latest iOS version, the menu is:

• Data Saver
  • Account
  • Playback
  • Explicit Content
  • Devices
  • Social
  • Music Quality
  • Storage
  • Notification
  • About
  • (Then "LOG OUT" button)

Which one of these has the 'Display Options' ?

Marked as solution

Hi @Nearlynubile, the option is at Playback → Third Setting

Oh, it's "Hide unplayable songs". Thanks. 

Suggested posts