Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect FB without new account

Disconnect FB without new account

Hi,

I'd love to disconnect my account from Facebook, since I'll delete my profile. However, at the time I signed up for Spotify via FB and apparently I'm now unable to keep my current Spotify-account.

Does someone know why it's not possible to connect my current account to an mailadress instead of a FB-account? We all know that it's technically feasible. 

It really annoys me that deleting my FB-account will have an impact on my Spotify-account (i.e. all the music I saved the past years will be gone, since I need a new account), aren't FB and Spotify supposed to be two seperate companies? 

2 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

I recommend checking out the FAQ page ”I want to use Spotify without Facebook” here for the steps you should take to start the process of switching those accounts.

It's simply not possible right now to disconnect your account from Facebook if it's been created via Facebook.

Thanks, let me know if you have any other questions!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Having to cancel my Premium, delete my old account, set up a new account and sign-up for Premium again is ofcourse has nothing to do with 'switching accounts'. 

I'm amazed (in a bad way) how much effort it takes me to still be able (or still, actually to again be able to) use Spotify, because of deleting Facebook, which is a completely different platform. 

Suggested posts