Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect account via provider

Solved!

Disconnect account via provider

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlans

My Question or Issue

Dear Spotify, I always had a free account under the account with login via email addresss: xxxatxxxx.xx

I was able to get a premium account via the provider KPN via my parents because they don't use the premium account. Now I want to order myself a premium family account and disconnect the premium account via KPN on (just an account name and no email address) but there is no way where I can find this. Because all my playlist are connected to the account with an email address I don't want to create a new account.

How can I do this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Madcrow81

If you're unsure if you have more accounts, follow the steps provided in this Support Article

By going here and using log in info associated with certain account you can check the status of your subscription as well. 

Changing your subscription will not affect your account details like username, playlists, followers, etc. It's just the subscription that changes. 

If it turns out you have more than one account, make sure you use the right one to subscribe to Premium Family. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi @Madcrow81

Since another company manages your subscription, you need to cancel with them. You can find their details on your account page

When plan changes back to Spotify Free, you can sign up for Premium Family  at www.spotify.com/family

If you want to read more on Premium Family, check this Support Article.

Thanks, however I would like to know if I have two accounts or one. Since my username is the old spotify account from my parents but my email address is attached to this. Does this mean that when I disconnect the KPN subscription still my username will be the username from my parents?

Marked as solution

Hi @Madcrow81

If you're unsure if you have more accounts, follow the steps provided in this Support Article

By going here and using log in info associated with certain account you can check the status of your subscription as well. 

Changing your subscription will not affect your account details like username, playlists, followers, etc. It's just the subscription that changes. 

If it turns out you have more than one account, make sure you use the right one to subscribe to Premium Family. 

Suggested posts