Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect from Facebook and login via Apple

Disconnect from Facebook and login via Apple

Hi,

I would like to disconnect my Facebook account from my Spotify account however there is no button to do so from the desktop app as one thread mentions and while turning off Facebook data processing in Privacy settings on the website is the closest thing to it, it still lets me login via my FB account. I would also like to login via my Apple account, I've tried logging in with the option show my email enabled and the Spotify and Apple emails are the same. I would also like to be able to actually edit my account info like email etc but on the website, its just a permanent non-editable text box.

3 Replies

Maybe is it impossible, because you created your spotify account just by pressing 

"SIGN UP WITH FACEBOOK", and you cant disconnect these two accounts, because their are working as one. Is it possible?

xxxxxxxxxx.JPG

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this.

If you've created your account through the "Sign up with Facebook" option you won't be able to DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK using the desktop app straight away, as @Oldschool_boy suggests. 

What you'd need to do is create a password for your account first, so that you can use your email address/username to log in. All you need to do is enter the email address of your Facebook in our password reset form. After that you just need to follow the instructions in the email you'll receive from us. If this doesn’t work, get help here.

After you've created a password you should be able to use the DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK option from the settings menu on the desktop app.

For more info on how to connect your account to Apple - have a look at this support article

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have previously reset my password and the facebook disconnect button fails to appear in the desktop app. I have logged out and in and restarted the app but it doesn't appear.

Suggested posts