Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnect from Facebook with a Family account

Disconnect from Facebook with a Family account

Hi,

I and my wife have a family account.

Origianlly I created this acocunt using FB. I know want to disconnect from FB but haven't found any solution for that yet. Only option I see is to create a new account and manually transfer all my playlists.

But what happens to my Family account?

Is it possible to change the owner of the family subscription?

Thanks!

Sven

3 Replies

Hi there!

I’d recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for the steps you should take to use Spotify without Facebook.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks but that doesn't help me.

I do not have the option to disconnect from FB in the settings menu. Hence the other option is basically to create a new account. In this case I would have to move my playlists manually (which I even could do). But what happens to the Family account (which has been bought over the account that is also linked to FB) and the other users in it? Can I transfer the account ownership within the family e.g. to my wife? So I could leave with my FB account and join the family again with my new account?

Thanks

Sven

Hello @SFGD1! Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to change the Premium for Family plan owner to one of the members, at the moment. In this case, I'd recommend you cancel your current Premium for Family subscription and start a new one here. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info. 

Hope this helps and have a nice day 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts