Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnected from Facebook and lost EVERYTHING - playlists, premium etc...

Disconnected from Facebook and lost EVERYTHING - playlists, premium etc...

I only wanted to stop sharing songs on Facebook. I was going through Preferences on Spotify, and under the section titled 'Social' I selected the option to disconnect from Facebook.

After I cliked that, I was automatically logged out. I attempted to log back in, and when successful I noticed everything had gone! No playlists or Premium.

1. Does this mean I am no longer subsribed to Premium? and Spotify won't charge me?

2. Is there anyway to get everything back?

Thanks,

Becky

20 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You just need to log back in using your Spotify username and password you created when you registered. 

Have a read at this topic for full instructions.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter 🙂

I've followed that, but no luck. There aren't any playlists and it doesn't give me the option to connect to Facebook in the Preferences section

Are you sure you are logging in using your Spotify username and not your email address? If you logged in using a Spotify account that option should be there.

Peter

Peter

I'm sure i'm using my Spotify account. Not really fussed about the playlists. More bothered about whether I'm still being charged. I didn't cancel subscription, but now it's saying I'm using the free version

I am going to escalate this to the community staff to look into for you. 😉 

Peter

Peter

Aww brilliant! Thanks alot!

Becky

Hi Becky,

I've just responded to your message. It should sort things for you.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam, I hate to post in an old thread, but I wasn't sure creating a new one was the right solution either. I have had the exact same thing happen to me, and I'm wondering what you did for the other user via private message. Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same problem here and I don't recall my spotify user name and now when I log in with my facebook email I no longer have the option to "connect to facebook" in "preference" but instead have a switch that says "post to facebook". Does that mean this is a new account that's connected with facebook? How do I access my old accounts with my playlists?

HarryZhang - Can you make sure you're logging in with the username 'harryzhang' and your Spotify password. You'll then see your playlists.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thanks alot, the username was what I needed, that fixed the problem.

Sam-

I'm having the same problem. Accidentally clicked 'disconnect from Facebook', and lost everything. I was able to log back into Spotify, but my playlists/followers are gone and I am listed as using the free subscription. I've been a premium member for at least the past 8 months, so I am worried I am logging into the wrong account.

I tried using both my email and the username 'davidbeans'. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Use the online contact form and someone at Spotify can help get this sorted. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly (even though it says not to) to speed things along.

I'm having a similar problem; I went in to 'preferences' then clicked 'disconnect from facebook'. I then got logged out and when I logged back in again, I was using spotify free. I didn't cancel my subscription either so I do not know if I am being charged at the moment. Help!?

Hey @daorba ! Welcome to the community 🙂 

You just need to log back in using your Spotify username (not your email address) and password rather than your Facebook details since they are no longer tied your account.

The steps here will get you back to the right account. 

Peter

Peter

the same thing happened to me and i am getting frusterated 

Laxquiat3 - If you log in with the username 'quiatjosh' and your Spotify password, you should see your playlists. Don't use your Facebook details.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

ow i posted in the wrong thread i c now, but i have the same problem. I dont know what my spotify username is. Nor my password. I'm mostly worried about subscription since i didnt end it. 

Also i like to have my playlists back.  I do know my spotify ID number, but i can not use it for logging in i suppose?!

Vahlriel - If you could contact the support team, they'll be able to get it sorted. Just head over here: http://spoti.fi/KT3Il9
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts