Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnected my FB account, now I can only log in with numerical userid, not my email

Disconnected my FB account, now I can only log in with numerical userid, not my email

I disconnected my Spotify a/c from Facebook. 

I realize I can't change my numeric userid, but I read on a Spotify help page that I should be able to log in using my email, not my numeric userid, which is long and hard to remember.

But every time I log into my account on my mac, it will only let me log in if I provide the numeric userid, not if I provide my email. See pic attached.

Page link below and the advice it gives:

Steps for option 1. 
Please note your displayed Spotify username will be a string of numbers instead of your display name. 
  • Deactivate your Facebook
  • Reset your password by entering the email address that was registered on your Facebook account
  • Open the Spotify app
  • Enter the email address and the new password (you cannot select the Log in with Facebook option any longer). 
  • You can continue to use the app as normal without a Facebook account. 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/I-want-to-disconnect-Facebook-from-my-Spotify/ta-p/...

My plan details, etc below:

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Mac

Operating System

Mojave

Screenshot 2019-09-28 at 11.36.06.png
3 Replies

Hey, @eustachio 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could try to reset your password again? Following the same steps you've followed before. Just to make sure everything is alright...

And if the issue persists, I suggest that you try to change your email address linked to your Spotify account, if possible.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

HI, I reset my password, and tried again. Same issue persists, I can only login with the numeric username.

Also, I would really rather not change the email associated with my account, it's very inconvenient.

However, to try out your suggestion, I went to edit my profile, and I can't change the email address anyway, it's a non-editable field. 

Feeling pretty stuck with this 😞

Hey again, @eustachio 

Reanalyzing your case, I think you probably may have a duplicate account associated to your same email address. So in this case, you need to reach out to the Customer Support to get help with it. Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts