Step 1

NEXT STEP

[removed]

[removed]

[removed]

4 Replies

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Log in on your Facebook profile as well and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example your friends list.

Give it 48 hours and your information should be displayed again. Hope it works!

Let us know if it doesn't or if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

[removed]

Hey Christopher,

Since you created your account through Facebook, your display name will be the randomly generated string of numbers unless you re-connect to Facebook. 

If you don't want to do that, it's always possible to create a new account with the display name you want. If so, do the following:

1. Cancel your current subscription.
  2. Create a new account with the display name you'd like to have.
  3. Transfer your music and followers with these steps.
  4. Upgrade the new account to Premium if you want.

Let us know whether that works out for you or not. We're always here to help!

I'm having the same issue.

Cancelling my suscription and creating a new one is not an acceptable solution. Specially if one has a Premium Family account. Is there any way we can get this issue surfaced with the appropriate people in the product team? I mean, sending users to cancel their suscriptions is not a good idea.

Furthermore, I was chatting with a customer service agent about this, and she went to great length to try to convince me this was not a bug. Well, I disagree.

I hope many others find this issue and we can convince Spotify that it's worth solving it.

Suggested posts