Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnecting Facebook Woes

Solved!

Disconnecting Facebook Woes

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

All

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I clicked the option in settings to disconnect my facebook account which led to me not being able to log in. I've reset my password and logged in but I no longer have premium, it's like I have a new account. 

All help appreciated

Simon

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! I'd recommend checking other email addresses for account receipts or emails from Spotify. If you finally can't find anything, I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Support here:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on!
Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hello @user-removed!

It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page "Can I create multiple accounts?" here for more info.

I’d also recommend having a quick scan of the email accounts you own for emails from ‘hello@spotify.com’. That way you can determine which one you used to sign up for Spotify with.

If you then want to use Spotify without Facebook I’d recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks for the response. Having read the link you provided on using spotify without facebook I am now a little confused. I did create my account with Facebook and according to that article I shouldn't have been able to select the option to disconnect from facebook within settings, however it let me chose that. 

So I think I have disconnected facebook from my old account and now cant log in and appear to have got myself a second account. I cant see how to move forward from here.

Marked as solution

Hey! I'd recommend checking other email addresses for account receipts or emails from Spotify. If you finally can't find anything, I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Support here:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact

Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks for replying. I already checked my email for mails from hello@spotify.com but found nothing. 

I have done as you suggest and contacted support. 

Thanks

Just to close this off, Support responded reallt quickly and have sorted it all out. Thanks for all the responses.

I'm glad to hear everything's fine now! Make sure to let me know if there's anything else I can help with 🙂

https://open.spotify.com/track/6JWddKPdqvDc2WkPEi9grC?si=46E0jNSLQImbNr8_bS24AQ
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts