Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnecting Facebook without loosing history

Solved!

Disconnecting Facebook without loosing history

Like many people, I'm trying to limit FB influence on my other accounts. 

After reading this post I decided to try and what do you know - it worked! I reset the password using my FB email and I could enter a new password. Logged in using email and password - all good.

Now, the problem is that my desktop app, even though I'm logged in with email/password doesn't allow me to disconnect Facebook. Even if I could, I'm still afraid of losing all my history.

I understand that Spotify doesn't want to allow people to migrate easily because of the data they get with the social connections, behavioural data etc. but geez there should be a way. Yes, this idea has been posted many times where this is the latest but I don't know. Wouldn't GDPR allow for this kind of behaviour? Because at this point, I'm not in charge of my data - Spotify is, through the connection of Facebook.

Eh..

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Alright, checking our forum and asking for help with someone, I'll suggest you two steps that you can do and break the connection between you Facebook and your Spotify account without losing your made data and history, as you've asked.

First, you should stop the Facebook data processing here, through your account page. 

And then, go to your Facebook account and delete the connection between Spotify and FB there through the "Apps and Sites" section

Be sure that you won't lose your Spotify account either your data, but you'll need to log in your account with your email address and a new password that you can ask for if you didn't do it yet.

Let me know if it worked for your case...

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @Tuams 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

If you've unlinked your Spotify from your Facebook account and it worked, you don't need worry. Just to be clear, check out this article below:

If your problems with the desktop platform persists, you should try clean reinstall the app on your computer.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi, thanks for your reply.

But this isn't a solution as this requires me to close my account, lose all my data and I need to sign up for the family account again. There should be a way to disconnect Facebook without losing anything in the process, except the friends feed and the picture that is taken from Facebook, I guess.

And as you can see here, there is no disconnect button: https://take.ms/OZWIW

Also, as nobody can re-assure that all my information won't be lost, I don't feel confident in proceeding as there is no way to make a backup (as far as I am aware).

Marked as solution

Alright, checking our forum and asking for help with someone, I'll suggest you two steps that you can do and break the connection between you Facebook and your Spotify account without losing your made data and history, as you've asked.

First, you should stop the Facebook data processing here, through your account page. 

And then, go to your Facebook account and delete the connection between Spotify and FB there through the "Apps and Sites" section

Be sure that you won't lose your Spotify account either your data, but you'll need to log in your account with your email address and a new password that you can ask for if you didn't do it yet.

Let me know if it worked for your case...

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts