Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnecting facebook when logged out on devices

Solved!

Disconnecting facebook when logged out on devices

I've been a Spotify user for a long time, but I'm about to reach my wits' end.

To preface: I originally made an account through Facebook. 

After deactivating my Facebook account, I was logged out of Spotify on my desktop. Because I never separated my facebook and spotify accounts, they are tethered together. I cannot log in because of this, nor can I separate my two accounts. Meanwhile I am still being charged for a premium service I cannot use.  

I had to make a new account just to listen to music WITHOUT premium, and to post to this forum. Absolutely ridiculous. 

I'd like to thank Spotify for deferring complaints to community members rather than having a functional phone-based service. Really classy.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @johnjthrop,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

No worries, if you've registered your Facebook-created Spotify account with your email address, you can access your Premium account again by resetting your password here.

Once you've succesfully reset your password, you should be able to access your account with your email address and password instead of Facebook login details.

However, if you're having troubles resetting your Spotify password, we'd suggest following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @johnjthrop,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

No worries, if you've registered your Facebook-created Spotify account with your email address, you can access your Premium account again by resetting your password here.

Once you've succesfully reset your password, you should be able to access your account with your email address and password instead of Facebook login details.

However, if you're having troubles resetting your Spotify password, we'd suggest following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Wow, thank you so much! 

I was a bit on-edge when I wrote this post, my faith in Spotify and its community has been rekindled. Thanks again!!

Hey @johnjthrop,

Glad to hear 🙂 Enjoy!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a great day.

Suggested posts