Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disconnecting unknown Xbox one

Disconnecting unknown Xbox one

Hello, I use spotify premium where I frequently switch between three devices that I own, two computers and a phone. Today I noticed an Xbox I've never seen before listed as one of my connected devices. Fearing that someone got a hold of my password I immediately disconnected all devices and changed my password, but when I logged on with my new password the Xbox was still there.

It should be said that I own an Xbox One, but I have never used spotify on it nor intentionally downloaded it on there, so I dont see how or why they could connect.

Anyone have any advice?

4 Replies

Hello there @BUTT8,

Welcome to the Community! No worries - we're here to help 🙂

Log out from everywhere doesn’t include partner devices, such as game consoles but if your Spotify account is linked to an unknown Xbox One, you can remove the access to your Spotify account here.

Just a heads-up, sometimes Spotify shows devices in close range in Devices Available icon_connect_device.png. Don’t worry, any devices in this list that aren’t yours do not have access to your account.

However, if you feel that someone else might have accessed your account you should follow the steps on this page to secure it.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m having a similar problem, only the consoles in question don’t even show up on my allowed apps. What do I do? I know they’re still connected because I only did “log out on all devices”, and that doesn’t apply to consoles according to the FAQ.

Hi @Traziil,

Thank you for your post, and welcome to the Community. 

If you’ve used your Spotify account on a shared network, you may see other devices in the Connect feature that were linked to that network too. You can have only local devices show by enabling the option "Show Local Devices" in the app Settings. 

And just to make sure that you don't have any unauthorized activity on your account we recommend you follow these steps.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

JulianModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

you didnt help, spotify is a very bugged app and is being a pain in the ass using it, going back to yt music asap, can affor do this piece of useless**bleep** anymore good bye

Suggested posts