Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discord wont show songs that are playing in spotify

Discord wont show songs that are playing in spotify

Right so i connected my account - https://open.spotify.com/user/fenix%5B%E4%B8%89%E4%B8%83%5D?si=Y7xjTGVARj2RKuKTQ5NUFg to my discord but the songs that are playing wont show in my discord activity,  i made a new account to test it and everything worked fine, so my guess is that i have those characters in my username - fenix[(removed characters)] that are blocking it somehow also my profile link looks broken tbh and i had some issues before when i tried to post it on other sites.

Limk - https://open.spotify.com/user/fenix%5B%E4%B8%89%E4%B8%83%5D?si=Y7xjTGVARj2RKuKTQ5NUFg

please help 😞

74332e437947897d471671639d4d1c94.png
23 Replies

Hey, @Fnxx -

Did you make sure you turned on your Spotify status on Discord?

Go to User Settings > Connections and turn on 'Display Spotify as your status' under your settings.

Tell me how it goes 🙂

image.jpg

I did, did everything i could find, even contacted discord support.

Hey, @Fnxx -

Sorry for the late reply;

First, can you try making a new Discord account and connecting your Spotify account to that account?

Also, please make sure you're not running any background processes those are detected by discord.

If you are playing a game(or other programs) that Discord detects, the game will take precedence and Spotify won't show as your status;

Check this out for more: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000434772-Spotify-FAQ

Tell me how it goes 🙂

Hey,

I have the same problem as @Fnxx . My Spotify usernames contains two "^". But I connected my Spotify account to Facebook so it shows my Facebook name on my profile instead  (https://open.spotify.com/user/%5Espotifykonto%5E?si=knSwoqJwRvaJ6u6TWfHzEw). I have tried connecting different Spotify accounts to Discord that didn't contain any **bleep** characters and it worked just fine. But I don't want to use a different Spotify account since I have Spotify Premium on my normal Account and I don't want to loose all my playlists. 

Hey, @h31s3nb3rg_dll -

If your username has characters such as <, >, {, ] in it, it is possible that you're experiencing connection issues with Spotify and Discord.

However, you can set up a new Spotify account and have the Support team to transfer your data so you can connect Spotify with Discord;

You can reach out to Spotify Support via Twitter or Facebook.

Thank you 🙂

i made a new spotify account and the support guys moved all my playlists
and premium to the new one, still sad about my old account tho 😞

I have the same problem and i don't know how to fix, I need help beacuse i don't want to do another account

Hey, @user-removed -

If your username has characters such as <, >, {, ] in it, it is possible that you're experiencing connection issues with Spotify and Discord.

However, you can set up a new Spotify account and have the Support team to transfer your data so you can connect Spotify with Discord;

You can reach out to Spotify Support via Twitter or Facebook.

Thank you 🙂

I had the same problem, but i fixed it by just simply disconnecting Spotify from Discord and reconnect it again. Now it works.

Mind you, check that the Windows Firewall didn't block some features of either Spotify or Discord. That was my problem, as soon as I authorized, everything worked hunky-dory. (I know it's an older thread, but I thought it might be useful to some other people.)

If there is a game that is currently running and Discord picks it up, the Spotify overlay will be still there, but the game will show as your status. Maybe try deleting the games that Discord picks up (from the list of course)? Worked for me! 🙂

Who wants to bother making a new spotify account when they already have one with Friends, playlists, songs added and what if the customer already has premium, oh just buy that again as well? this is absurd. Surely one of these companies could come up with a proper resolution, not the quick way and easy one for them.

I turned off display current game as status message and it worked.

I had the same thing here, I just simply turned off my game activity

"App Setting > Games > Display currently running game as a status message > Toggle Off"

Screenshot (13).png

try using the website discord, it works fine i had tha same problem but i fixed it through website discord.the discard app seems sluggish now.

i'm still having the same problem, but my username is all normal alphabetic characters. i'm a beta tester on my phone, but i'm using two downloaded apps on my samsung chromebook and it's still not broadcasting, at least, i can't see it on my end and neither can my friends. either way, it's not working. i've disconnected multiple times and there's no change. i also make sure i have broadcast to other apps on, so, i don't know what else to do. 

thanks if anyone knows how to do it haha.

Hi. I'm having this problem as well. I've tried almost everything, including clearing the cache and data of the Spotify Android app, reestablishing the connection to Discord, and creating another Spotify account. I think it may be something with my Discord account, but I can't find a way to reset my Discord account except creating another one. (My Discord account connects to lots of servers, and I don't want to use a different one.)

I have found a way to make my Discord status show Spotify, but it's not that great, because it disappears when the song ends. What I did was open my Spotify account on the website by clicking on the link in my Discord profile. When I closed the Spotify tab, my Discord status updated to Spotify. However, the status remained Spotify only for the remaining duration of the song.

I feel like this is some bug in either Spotify or Discord (most likely Discord since creating a whole other Spotify account didn't fix the issue).

This is the one that works. All you need to do is turn off "Display current game as status" in Games and it works. The only downside is that others can't see what you're playing, only what you're listening to on Spotify. The reason that I couldn't have Spotify during the times I wasn't playing games was because I had a custom message as my running game and that was running all the time. I hope this helps 🙂

Go to your settings and turn the status message off (like it is in the attachment). This only work on pc, you can't show the songs when you're on mobile.

12232.JPG

Suggested posts