Discover Weekly Crashes... Weekly

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

On desktop and on my phone, Discover Weekly will crash all of Spotify immediately upon opening. I look forward to these playlists. Any idea?

6 Replies

Try deleteing the app entierly and then redownloading it. Hopefully that resets it. 

Hey @clinneme.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We'll be happy to help you out 🙂

We just need a few more details to get an idea of the exact issue you're having:

• Does Spotify only crash when you click on your Discover Weekly, or does it crash in other contexts too?
  • How are you accessing your Discover Weekly playlist on your desktop/mobile app? Include steps if necessary.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply.

Hi! Spotify is working find, but when I click on Discover Weekly it will say "Something went wrong! Reload" and then I reload and all of Spotify crashes. I've done this several times. I'm accessing it through the desktop, I un-installed the actual app on my computer but am going to re-install it and see if that fixes it. Ideally, I'd like to just play through my desktop.

Thanks!

Claire 

Hey @clinneme,

Let us know how it goes after reinstall. You can also try the following after reinstall:

• Restart your router.
  • Change network connection if possible. 
  • Un-follow your Discover Weekly (if you can get that far), restart the app, search for Discover Weekly and follow it again.

Keep us posted 🙂

Hi Jemi,

I re-installed the app and it appears to be working on there, but still crashes every time on the browser version, which is preferred. I'm on Google Chrome and have all the updates already. Any ideas?

Thanks again,

Claire 

Hey @clinneme.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Try to clear the cookies, browsing data and history to see if that helps. If it doesn't, we'd like to know if the same thing happens in a different web-browser. That way we know if it's account or browser related.

Let us know what the result is. Have a nice day!

Suggested posts