Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly offering the same songs every week!

Discover Weekly offering the same songs every week!

**UPDATE - I've emailed support@spotify.com with a link to this thread**

Hey Spotify, 

Discover weekly is the one. However, for the past 3 weeks 90% of the songs have been identical to the previous week. 

Can you reset your data on me and we'll go again?

22 Replies

Hi,

Slightly off-topic here but related to the Discover Weekly where there clearly is a need for a "Reset" button. My problem is that the suggestions have gone bananas and are suggesting songs in other languages than my native or English. Today I "blocked" 30% of the suggested songs.

/Adam

Seems like the problem now is you. The beauty of Discover is receiving any song based on your music genre taste not your speaking language. Music is not about the lyrics. But keep blocking not English songs... Good luck

What a poor comment @ntami.

As posted in another thread that explains the Discover weekly algorithm better:

"Currently with the way our algorithm is set up, the only way to exclude listening activity from affecting your Discover Weekly playlist is by turning on Private listening as @Loxer suggested. Keep in mind that Discover Weekly is based not only on your personal likes and listening activity, but also on those of user with similar tastes or located in the same region. It seems however that other Spotify users also mentioned they'd like to have the option to exclude certain content for that playlist and posted this idea. You can add your support there by up-voting the idea. We'll inform on any developments there, if there are any."

Suggested posts