Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover Weekly

Solved!

Discover Weekly

What is the requirement for a song to start playing in users 'Discover Weekly" playlist?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Tobaunta,

Getting your music on Discover Weekly is as easy as getting it on Spotify. As more people listen to your music and add it to their playlists, itโ€™s more likely to appear in Discover Weekly.

Hereโ€™s how Discover Weekly works.

Music fans on Spotify have created over 2 billion playlists, and each one of those playlists teaches us something new about the relationships between the songs they contain. Every Monday, Discover Weekly creates 100 million personal playlists by combining each listenerโ€™s unique taste with song information built from those 2 billion playlistsโ€”recommending songs that other people who have similar taste in music are enjoying.

Spotify for Artists shows you how many people are listening to your music on Discover Weekly. If you donโ€™t have access to Spotify for Artists, get access here.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Tobaunta,

Getting your music on Discover Weekly is as easy as getting it on Spotify. As more people listen to your music and add it to their playlists, itโ€™s more likely to appear in Discover Weekly.

Hereโ€™s how Discover Weekly works.

Music fans on Spotify have created over 2 billion playlists, and each one of those playlists teaches us something new about the relationships between the songs they contain. Every Monday, Discover Weekly creates 100 million personal playlists by combining each listenerโ€™s unique taste with song information built from those 2 billion playlistsโ€”recommending songs that other people who have similar taste in music are enjoying.

Spotify for Artists shows you how many people are listening to your music on Discover Weekly. If you donโ€™t have access to Spotify for Artists, get access here.

MaximSpotify Star

Okej, so there is no specific number that gets your track listed? What I have seen it looks like when your track reaches about 10k plays it start to gets published in Discover Weekly but that is just speculations from my part.

Correct, there's no specific play count.
MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts