Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover showing activity from another account

Discover showing activity from another account

Here's the problem: The Discover view on my Spotify account shows "You listened to Artist XYZ yesterday" for artists that my spouse has listened to.

How I got here: Initially we were sharing one Spotify Premium account. I was using it on my Mac and iPhone, and she was using it on her Windows Phone. We then got her her own Premium account by creating a new Spotify user using Facebook login and different payment info than on my account. We did everything to reset the Windows Phone (check there's no Facebook account linked, logout of Spotify, reinstall Spotify on the phone, etc). Now Spotify on her phone is logged in with her own Spotify user, linked to her own FB account, and paid with a different credit card. Still whenever she listens to music, it shows up on my Spotify Discover page.

There should be absolutely nothing in common between these two Spotify accounts, yet they are sharing information. Privacy and security issues aside, does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

10 Replies

Might be worth a clean reinstallation of your client to see if that makes a difference? 

Also, how long ago did you make the split? The reason I ask is my discover feed appears to lag behind my listening history by up to a week sometimes!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Clean install has been done. I made the split weeks ago, and right now my Discover view is showing music she has listened to yesterday.

Strange, let me escalate this to the Spotify guys and see if they have any ideas. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

If you log into your account using our web player - play.spotify.com - do you still see the stories there?

My first thought is that the old info is still residing in the cache from the old account. This would be a way to test that theory.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Yes, I see the artists she has been listening to also on the web player.

Thanks for confirming.

I've looked at your account and there doesn't seem to be anything linking to another account, so this is odd.

Can you please try heading to your Preferences then disconnecting Facebook from your Spotify account?  

After logging out/in, link it back up with your own Facebook profile again, just so we're 100% certain there is no link between the two profiles.

Also, can you show us a screenshot of one of these stories? Just so we can get an idea of whether they could be from past listening.

Thanks!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

I disconnected Facebook using preferences in the Spotify.app on Mac. Spotify app quit automatically. I reopened Spotify app, logged in using username/password. I then went to preferences, and connected my Facebook account again. It asked for Facebook credentials normally. After doing this, I still see artists she has listened to on my Discover page. I have attached a screenshot of one recommendation.

(And yes, she did listen to The Civil Wars in the past week, and I didn't.)

Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 14.00.33.png

Thanks for giving that a try. This is very strange, everything is looking healthy on our end.

In order for us to help further, please get in touch using our online form. Once this is done, just let us know the case # you have been emailed and we'll make sure your case is in the right hands. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Thanks. The case number for this issue is # 01289750.

Thanks for that. I've had a look and I can see that we've sent a reply over. You've got mail!
--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Suggested posts